Nice Guys Brewery & Bar, Richmond (VIC)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a time to sign back in. Glad to see it in fruition, if I ever head down to Melbourne this will be on the itinerary.

Congratulations! Can’t wait to check it out. What are your opening hours? Cheers
Wed-Fri 3-11pm, Sat-Sun 12-11pm

C6758CEC-092A-47E9-974E-150AD055DCAC.png

What a time to sign back in. Glad to see it in fruition, if I ever head down to Melbourne this will be on the itinerary.
well it has been a long long time. It was hard to think about brewing when I couldn't open the doors. Now we're open the brewing passion has returned in spades, or may be mash paddles!

Nice work BNT,

I look forward to checking it out.

Long may COVID stay under control in Australia so you can keep trading, brewing and stay profitable.

JD

Last edited:
Congratulations Mate, you have so nailed it. I am sipping a gorgeous NEIPA chatting to your awesome staff member. This is my second outing - on crutches after a recent knee replacement and I can’t think of a better place to be. It is on my tram line and will become my new local for sure. I can see many work drinks here too. Cheers

Nice work BNT,

I look forward to checking it out.

Long may COVID stay under control in Australia so you can keep trading, brewing and stay profitable.

JD
Thanks JD, hope to see in some time soon.

Congratulations Mate, you have so nailed it. I am sipping a gorgeous NEIPA chatting to your awesome staff member. This is my second outing - on crutches after a recent knee replacement and I can’t think of a better place to be. It is on my tram line and will become my new local for sure. I can see many work drinks here too. Cheers
Thanks Barry, when were you in? I drop remember speaking to a guy with crutches, possibly you? I am glad to you had a nice experience! Make sure you let me know who you are next time you pop in. Grant

I’ve seen what looks to be similar venue a few years ago. Was this formally a tattoo parlour?
No it wasn't. There is a tattoo parlour a few doors down. The venue was a crusty warehouse devoid of character. I think they sold blankets but nothing had been done for about 40 years. We did the full fit out including the arches, everything! If I had known what it would take at the start I would never have embarked on it. That said though, most things worthwhile in life are hard.

The pics look great, the beer descriptions on the website inviting. No food menu? That often works in the US, but seems rarer here. One quite good brewery near us has rebranded itself with emphasis on being a restaurant.

The pics look great, the beer descriptions on the website inviting. No food menu? That often works in the US, but seems rarer here. One quite good brewery near us has rebranded itself with emphasis on being a restaurant.
I agree that food is important. The kitchen will open in the coming months. We will do a range of bao buns.

@Black n Tan it's very selfish of you to open your brewery bar on the opposite side of town from me.
Looks great - I'll be sure to drop in for a drink or three if I'm in the area.

Regarding food - I have no doubt that setting up, stocking, and staffing a kitchen takes a lot of time, effort and dollars. But often it is nice to eat something with a drink, and many of us are likely to stay longer and enjoy more of your beer if we can at least have a snack if not a meal. Do you sell chips/nuts/pretzels/whatever at the bar? Also worth seeing if the nearby restaurants will deliver to your customers table (or at least out the front). you could have their takeaway menus on hand or at the tables.

Back