Next Esb Fresh ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

normell

Winter's Flat's #1 Brewer, now that XXXX have move
Reaction score
Hi Guys, especially Ross
My next brew (Today) will be either a ESB Oktoberfest or Bock, fresh wort pack, with an 1kg G&G amber blend, to bring it up to 21lt (keg filler).
What additional hops, if any, do you recommend to add to primary
I have
Amarillo
cascade
Hallertau
Fuggles
E K Goldings
Sazz

Normell

I personally wouldn't dry hop either of those styles. However, if you are set on dry hopping I would go with the Hallertau or Saaz as they will be the most at home in that style in my opinion.

If you are going to dry hop the conventional wisdom is to add it to secondary as there is then some alcohol to fight off any bugs you may be introducing. That said I have added hops to primary with no ill effects.

I personally wouldn't dry hop either of those styles. However, if you are set on dry hopping I would go with the Hallertau or Saaz as they will be the most at home in that style in my opinion.

If you are going to dry hop the conventional wisdom is to add it to secondary as there is then some alcohol to fight off any bugs you may be introducing. That said I have added hops to primary with no ill effects.
Hi Aaron
I have a problem dry hopping to secondary as I use a cube, small openings, can't get a bag in.

Latest posts

Back