Next Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
im in the gf is away that weekend and iv e only got to take the little dog to a class ill grab one cube as well.
im happy with some thing light

what does people think of this recipe could be something different for a change
http://maltosefalcons.com/recipes/20060904.php

Not a bad recipe, barls. Personally, I'd be happy doing something along these lines, though perhaps a little simplified and a bit smaller. No real need for two types of sugar for example. But it'd be a pretty good beer. Styrian Goldings and Saaz would be good for a saison.

I'm not sure that a 1090 beer is my idea of a summer quaffer (though I could probably be persuaded otherwise. :icon_drunk: ) We could easily make it a 1050 beer. Some people could do it with a Saison yeast, some with a Belgian yeast, British yeasts, lagers,..... With the saison yeast it'd be a 6%+ beer anyway. :party:

why not do it as a 1050 and then those that want can make it up to a 1090 with a small mash later just for a bit of diversity. how does this sound

put me down for a cube , dont even know what the beer is havent read that bit yet but ill take one anyway ..

what about a dark beer now we are comin into higher fermenting temps , somehting to let sit and age for the next winter perhaps , just an idea as we have never made a dark as a group yet....

was also thinking that seeing we have been "having" these group therapy sessions for a year or so now perhaps it would be good to get a logo done , either by someone within that has some artistic ability or perhaps we might be able to get franko on board to help out ... again just another idea..

also what do people think , of a name change to ASB - All Sydney Brewers .... seeign we have people coming from all parts of town not just the inner suburbs ... or perhaps leave it as ISB but change the word to something else other than inner , maybe its just me but i think inner is too general ...

a rogers style clone ie ~4% would be ok with me. simple recipe, minimal work (compared to a partigyle)

i think isb works ok, even if we are spreading out ...
logo ? mmmm a t-shirt ?

I'm with redbeard on this one, have had a couple of long drawn out brewdays recently and something simple and mid strength is where my head is at.

Surely your keen as mustard to attempt another double decoction brew day. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I'm keen on something simple and easy

Simple's good. So which recipe do you think?

There should still be 2/3 cubes left if anybody wants them.

Stu,
I like your suggestions, might whip something up in the ol' brewing software tonight, unless you beat me to it

yeeaaa.........aah.....hhh go the double decoction 9 hr brew day..... still finding burns on my hands where boiling grain bubbled up out of the pot during the boil stages

Surely your keen as mustard to attempt another double decoction brew day.

Just gotta find some poorly modified malt that requires this process before I can be bothered. :lol: I'll stick to well modified Aussie stuff & cut the mash time to 20 mins like Mike has been doing!! :ph34r: :super:

I agree with the KISS approach for a simple tasty quaffer - I have a lot of big beers in bottles at present. Maybe save the belgian for a later date

Started clearing out the shed in readiness yesterday arvo :beerbang:

The colour of the wort was quite something though. Fingers crossed it'll be worth our time. Though its a double edged sword. If it sucks.. great we'll never do it again and save lots of time, but our time was wasted. If it's good then well.. then... I might have to do it more often.

Will dig up a photo later when I venture out to the shed for a beer.

pilsnerstarter.jpg

Coming in late on this one as usual.

Can't make the 20th, hosting my sister up from Melb. I was keen to host something around this time but I guess a big brew day is easier @ Phils. I'll aim to clear a day~ eo Nov. earl Dec. for an early Xmas session @ my place, brew or no brew.

But I er.. ahem... will happily stick my hand up for a cube but only of course if there is one spare for a non-attendee.

Looks like you should be right for a cube, gav. A pre-Xmas meet at your place sounds great. :beer: :super:

I'm in for Gav's. :party:

For the brew day could we do something lagerish eg Bittered with BSAAZ or NB with Saz or hallertaurer/hersbrucker for flavour & aroma which can be done as iether a lager or an ale depending on who hsa what yeast. just a thought to confuse the situation B)

I'll be in Melb 20-21 Oct. Only good weekend for me before December is 13-14 Oct.

Anyone going to the Nags Head this Friday for the cask ales?

Latest posts

Back