Next Brew Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barls

causer of chaos and mayhem
Reaction score
ok guys when the next one coming up?
it must be nearly time again, im hoping there will be one before i go away again at the end of october.

Barls, I think you need to rename this the "Next ISB brew day" thread

im away this weekend & the 13th, so others should be ok ... who wants to host ?

yeah i probably should of but i posted it in the isb section thinking that would be enough and now it wont let me change it i can edit the body but not the title. im good for any weekend

I want to get together & make more wort soon to gear up for summer - I have a lot of empty cubes ;) including 1 of Craig's.

However we need to remember that the state comp judging is happening down in Bulli on Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th October 2007, so it's probably better earlier.

How about the 20th? Can do my place if no-one else volunteers (I'll have to clean out the shed B) first).

What does everyone want to make? Summer quaffer? lager? or something more to style

No probs, Cortez.

I should be able to make the 20th. Not sure about what style. Something light for the summer though. Something with lots of Amarillo? :rolleyes:

Mid strength something 3.5-3.8% with lots of flavour?

I've got a few "big" beers which I'm not allowed to drink at the moment so I need something closer to "water"
....let the liver recover

Something with lots of Amarillo? :rolleyes:
Stu - Have you been speaking with DC82? :lol:

Mike - what does your rogers clone look like? maybe we could attempt that as a mid strength? If we made up a regular (1045-1050) gravity wort we each have the option of fermenting it straight or dilute to get a mid strength. If we used 15l cubes & diluted with 7l we'd get mid 1030's.

We could always do a simple pale/summer ale which everyone can experiment with dryhopping & different yeast.

I'm thinking maybe single style (not partigyle) just to simplify things a bit. Do we limit it to say 160l ease the logistics?

Guys, give us your thoughts.

Edit : dilution vol & gravity

I was thinkning
Ale Malt 80%
Munich 19%
Choclate 1%
Bittering EK Goldings
Flavour Cascade?

Those all sound like good ideas. How about something along the lines of mike's recipe. Maybe Centennial instead of Cascade? I'd say replace the chocolate with some lighter crystal. Not too much of it, maybe the same amount of Caramunich??

160L of 1050 wort would be good. Ten cubes. First in best dressed.

I'm in. :p

Edit: Beersmith reckons 25kg Trad ale, 6kg Munich and 400g of Caramunich would give a 1050 wort for 160L that wouldn't be too dark, round the 11EBC mark, a nice golden colour.

Those all sound like good ideas. How about something along the lines of mike's recipe. Maybe Centennial instead of Cascade? I'd say replace the chocolate with some lighter crystal. Not too much of it, maybe the same amount of Caramunich??

160L of 1050 wort would be good. Ten cubes. First in best dressed.

I'm in. :p

Edit: Beersmith reckons 25kg Trad ale, 6kg Munich and 400g of Caramunich would give a 1050 wort for 160L that wouldn't be too dark, round the 11EBC mark, a nice golden colour.

i'm in :) i like the idea of 1 bag of malt - minimal measuring :icon_chickcheers: (I've been wanting to use that emoticon)

Cube me up also :icon_cheers:

Weekend of the Oz beer fest at the Australian

Brew 20th
Trip to the Australian 21st

I love a beery weekend

Ok, so four cubes accounted for. Any more thoughts on the recipe?

Latest posts

Back