News Article - Liquid Bans To Be Lifted

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
big pain in the ass with 2 kids under 2 needing 250ml bottles to get them over the inital launch of the plane and the formula crap we had to go through.

fair enough but boiled water on a plane takes way to long to chill

Yeah, we flew with 2 kids - 2 and 5 years old. On the flight over to Bali, we had to empty out our bottle to around 100ml per person. At that stage we weren't savvy to the bans, so we'd only bought a big of water and a bottle of milk. On the flight over, they ran out of milk and water and the kids just had to go thirsty.

On the way back we thought we were much more prepared - a bottle each, only filled with 100ml. What we didn't know was that flying out of Bali, they only allow 100ml bottles regardless of how full they are. I've never seen a 100ml bottle in Bali, I guess they exist but they aren't that common. So the kids had to give up their water and milk for the long wait to board the plane and the takeoff. And then they ran out of water and milk on the plane again.

On the plus side, neither flight ran out of beer.

6 pack of SNPA is $9.99 in NY; Torpedo $12. :(
I'd also see a similar reduction in my hourly wage if I moved to New York.

EDIT: Actually probably a greater reduction in my wage.

Flying to an from Fiji they let us take 200ml packs of uht milk for the little one (18 months old), and a 500ml bottle of water for the oldest (4/12). I was told that there are exceptions for children, especially babies. Granted the milk had to be sealed in it's original packaging, but they had no issues letting us on with the 500ml bottle of water, in a sports drink pop top type bottle.

On way back here via south korea, old mate left his bag untended in the boarding lounge.
Was sectioned off, commando looking dudes came in and did their thing. It was deemed safe, 2 guys waited around for dick head to
show up, then they gave him what for and he just sat down and started laughing at them and went to get on his phone. Anyway they let him
board, id say he would have got a big fine of some sort.

This scare prompted them to do a final carry on baggage check as we boarded the plane, anything that people had bought duty free, eg: i saw ladys with several bottles of perfume kissing them goodbye, i had soft drink confiscated. The duty free booze people gave me my purchase right outside the door of the plane, which is standard practice to avoid situations such as what happened.
But yeah had me wondering what they were going to do with all the goods they confiscated?

The security measures we put up with is all relative and when i flew in October 2001 through the states it was a nuisance but it never bothered me too much, especially hearing stories of what my Father in law went through in the late seventies in Israel

Apparently his luggage got lost on flight into Israel from London and it wasn't claimed quick enough before disposing of it. When he turned up at baggage claim they said they'd already put it with the other unclaimed baggage. He inquired as to where and they directed him to a big pit out past the airfields, about 20m deep by his recollection, where they 'disposed' of all the unclaimed by way of explosivion once a day. He asked for someone to retrieve it for him, which they refused and told him if he wanted it he'd have to climb in to get it. They wouldn't go in there as they knew the type of stuff that gets chucked down there. He managed to climb in and retrieve everything, but the staff were pretty impressed he had the balls to go down into the bomb pit.

I once heard Coopers Pale Ale can be purchased cheaper in New York than it can in Australian bottle shops.

Our excise needs to **** off and die.

It's $11USD in the States. I found a 6 of Sparkling in Colorado for that, anyway. Pale may be cheaper.

A 6 pack of dogfishhead 60 minute IPA is $9.99, to put it in heartrending perspective.

reVox

Latest posts

Back