Newcastle/Maitland - anyone know a source for cubes?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

themonkeysback

Reaction score
As per title, I am looking to buy some new cubes for no chill. Does anyone know of a good source around the Newie/Maitland area?

Cheers,

Adam.

Bunnings is always as easy fall back.

Alternatively, you could pick up a fresh wort kit from country brewer and get a tasty batch with a free cube at the end

Maybe you can investigate MGH Packaging at Sandgate? Been a little while since i've been there. They may have moved since then.

Bunnings, Kmart, BigW, Supercheap auto, camping stores, home brew shops (they cost a bit more, but come with a free wort in them).

Seppeltsfield do 20 litre cubes full of port for $116. Order 2 and delivery is free.
I like the white cubes I'm not a fan of the blue ones. I just ordered 1 from cheeky peak actually $10 from memory. In transit with my big shiny pot atm.

Great, cheers for the replies all. I do prefer the clear ones (for no logical reason, blue just doesn't seem right). I will give plasdene a crack.

Adam.

Pretty sure they're still available at Rays outdoors at Kotara as well, can't remember the price 100% but think it was maybe ~$17 for 25L one.

I bought a 25L from Ray's but find it an odd size, it'll fill to 28L hot which overfills the fermenter. 20L cube will fill to 22 or 23L which is ideal I think, I can do a double batch of 45L.

Hpal said:
I bought a 25L from Ray's but find it an odd size, it'll fill to 28L hot which overfills the fermenter. 20L cube will fill to 22 or 23L which is ideal I think, I can do a double batch of 45L.
True, it will depend on your fermenter size and yeast... From the 25L I end up with ~ 25L into the fermenter, in a 30L (square HDPE type) fermenter it's no problem (unless you use 3787).

Coalminer said:
Plasdene, Maitland
Ask them to supply you with the Dangerous goods type and they will come without the bunghole pre-drilled...one less source of infection.
Last lot I got, almost 2 years now, was an $80 minimum order. bought 8 cubes and paid $77, she ignored the difference

http://www.plasdene.com.au/shop-menu/industrial/plastic-7/dangerous-goods-approved-dga/dangerous-goods-approved-dga-pl-20ltr-845-nt-detail
Update to this:

Went to plasdene to get these in the end, thanks coalminer and dae tripper. Cubes are just under $10 each (this is for the clear 20L dangerous goods ones in the link, I didn't ask the price for the 25L cubes). Minimum order is now $100 so I bought 11.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Adam.

themonkeysback said:
Update to this:

Went to plasdene to get these in the end, thanks coalminer and dae tripper. Cubes are just under $10 each (this is for the clear 20L dangerous goods ones in the link, I didn't ask the price for the 25L cubes). Minimum order is now $100 so I bought 11.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Adam.
If you don't need 11 and want to get rid of a couple. let me know

Just incase any local lads where interested, I went to get another 60litre fermenter today from Aussie disposals at kotara and they still had them for $40. I noticed they had 20litre cubes in there to so I grabbed one ( now I have 12. I needed an even number lol) they were selling for $14. ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1466917336.092806.jpgImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1466917366.240881.jpg

Latest posts

Back