New Perlick Taps!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AWESOME!!

Good job mate, though if you get some dollars back, I reckon you should kick some into AHB and buy yourself a few beers.

Still need help with this address.... It might be Tazman...

33 GRAMMAR STREET STRATHMORE 3041 VIC

han1.jpeg

I love it when a plan comes together.

Does that mean the definately come with tails?

c1b

Yep!

I was getting them without ($405 cheaper) but I wasn't 100% certain that the threads are the same... so I just ordered them this way. We'll see how it goes through customs...

James

If anyone is getting rid of their old taps PM me as i am in the process of setting up my own keg fridge.

DrinkBeer

If anyone is getting rid of their old taps PM me as i am in the process of setting up my own keg fridge.

DrinkBeer

I wil be getting rid of 4 of my six taps... Oh wait, Steve wants two.. I'll take $40 Plus shipping for the last pair. Keep in mind these are the faucets only, and will include handles, but not shanks or beer line connectors.

OK, First shipment should have left them today.. 2 more shipments in the next two days. That's the taps and handles.

I had a major setback with the shank supplier, and I had to cancel that, but I will be most likely ordering them from Perlick as well. They source them from elsewhere, but they did tell me they could get them.. in 2 weeks. I have asked them for another quote, and I should be able to get them tomorrow.

Just keeping you informed..

Cheers!

I've only got one tap coming my way in this bulk buy, and have jsut realised I could do with another one for my party keg setup - if anyone decides they got a bit over-keen on their order and wants to revise down once they arrive, please let me know and I'll buy one off you.

OK guys.. Here is the Final Word.

The dealer that I was going to get the Shanks from gave me a WRITTEN QUOTE for the taps and the freight. After I accepted, and was trying to figure out how to send the money (Had to wire it!), she came back and said, "Hold on for a day, the bosses tell me the frieght might be off". Two days later, she sent me a new quote that was 900 DOLLARS more.

I gave them the flick, and am now purchasing the shanks from Perlick. They updated their pricing, and are only charging $384 instead of $1202 for freight.

I have placed the order, and the shanks are being produced (up to 2 weeks lag time) and they do not include the beer line fittings. I am waiting on pricing for these, but I'm pretty sure that the cost will be too great, and I will lose money if I have them sent. Rather than try to squeeze more money out of anyone, I am going to NOT order the beer line fittings as was originally planned.

Again, sorry for all of the confusion, and the delays, but it's really hard to do business with the time differences and the weekends etc. I have been up at 5am multiple morning to get onto US Vendors while they are open.

Any questions?

No questions, sounds like you're doing a great job. Everyone knows what's happening and why and your making good decisions when you need to. Love your work & thanks heaps!!

Peteoz77 you are a champ, I think we all appreciate your work here, especially haggling at 5.00am.

OK guys.. Here is the Final Word.

The dealer that I was going to get the Shanks from gave me a WRITTEN QUOTE for the taps and the freight. After I accepted, and was trying to figure out how to send the money (Had to wire it!), she came back and said, "Hold on for a day, the bosses tell me the frieght might be off". Two days later, she sent me a new quote that was 900 DOLLARS more.

I gave them the flick, and am now purchasing the shanks from Perlick. They updated their pricing, and are only charging $384 instead of $1202 for freight.

I have placed the order, and the shanks are being produced (up to 2 weeks lag time) and they do not include the beer line fittings. I am waiting on pricing for these, but I'm pretty sure that the cost will be too great, and I will lose money if I have them sent. Rather than try to squeeze more money out of anyone, I am going to NOT order the beer line fittings as was originally planned.

Again, sorry for all of the confusion, and the delays, but it's really hard to do business with the time differences and the weekends etc. I have been up at 5am multiple morning to get onto US Vendors while they are open.

Any questions?

Yep I know what its like ordering and haggling from the states and the freight that they try and charge. I am sure that vendors in the states tack on handling fee's that are some time over the top. Their economy is F***ed so why not try and bleed some extra dollars from one that is better off :angry: Anyway hang in there, one hell of a bulk buy takes a lot of organising.

BYB

Thanks again for doing all the hard yards Peteoz77, it's certainly appreciated. You'd think that a written quote would be enough!

I'm sure most of us here aren't worried about the confusion and minor changes, especially since they're out of your control. The end result will be worth it and I'll sit aside some of my better brews for you as a thanks :)

Yeah its been fantastic work and much bigger than first anticipated

:( Spewing I missed this.. If anyone finds they have 6 of these left over I would be willing to take them off your hands!!

Latest posts

Back