New Perlick Taps!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got this email from the US ebay seller (The Beer Tap Store):

Hi, the 575ss is a creamer faucet. push back on the handle to dispense a
creamy head. Add $5.00 for each 575ss. here is your quote:

4 x 525ss @ $29.95ea
$119.80
4 x handles @ $3.00ea
$12.00
4 x 4" ss shanks @ $17.95ea
$71.80
4 x tail pieces @ $3.45ea
$13.80
shipping
$49.95

Total
$267.35

So about $305 aud. Does this sound like a good deal? Can anyone recommend the 575ss over the 525ss or is it not worth the extra money?

Cheers,
Ben

Yeah mate thats about the best deal you will find, I just got some more off him myself.

Cant comment on the 575's.

Only thing with the taps are the original 4 I bought via bulk buy here had the Branding "P" on the front embossed into the casting, & the 4 from him are etched on & look cheaper IMO. He tells me thats how they make them now & the embossed taps were a earlier production run.

Yeah mate thats about the best deal you will find, I just got some more off him myself.

Cant comment on the 575's.

Only thing with the taps are the original 4 I bought via bulk buy here had the Branding "P" on the front embossed into the casting, & the 4 from him are etched on & look cheaper IMO. He tells me thats how they make them now & the embossed taps were a earlier production run.

oh crap. you don't have a pic of the new ones at all?

So about $305 aud. Does this sound like a good deal? Can anyone recommend the 575ss over the 525ss or is it not worth the extra money?

Cheers,
Ben

I remember someone (Doc?) saying they got one of the creamers and in hindsight they wouldn't bother and just get the normal tap.
If you don't open the tap all the way you have a "sort of" creamer going for you.

I'll be buying these taps soon hopefully. Either from the ebay fella or via a US shop and get the in-law to forward them when he's over there on business next.

I got four of the 525 ss taps in last years BB. They are absolutely magic and as the above post says you only have to manipulate the tap handle at the end of the poor to get a great creaming effect.

Cheers, Hoges.

oh crap. you don't have a pic of the new ones at all?

Yeah mate, shame these bulk buy threads don't come up in latest threads list anymore or I could have taken some pics sooner.

2010-02-22%2017.20.18.jpg

2010-02-22%2017.19.50.jpg

Back