New Perlick Taps!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would anyone care to review these taps? I've confirmed my suspicions that the taps are not self closing like many other taps available & I'd like to know if they pour as good as they look.

Depending on the pour action of these I may be looking to source parts to convert the taps to self closing.

Cheers,

Ben

Perlick taps are great taps with a fantastic smooth action.
I could not care a less about them not being self closing.

I have 2 and if I needed more taps would buy nothing else.

Regards

Graeme

I agree.

I bought 6 of the creamer ones. I have no problem with them dripping as some claimed.
These taps look as good as they work.

Very happy with mine.

Cheers,
Bud

Cheers guys for the reviews, I'm looking forward to getting some perlicks into service soon. One last request, would someone please measure the widest part of the ferrule that the tap handle tightens against? I'm turning some wooden handles while I wait for my taps to arrive.

Thanks

Ben

They are 16.5 mm, or 21/32 of an inch.

I took the handle off and measured the bottom.

I am going to turn some as well when I find the time.

(edit) You could make them bigger if you want, won't effect the tap working.

Cheers,
bud

4" is pretty damned short, but it will fit. I FORCED mine to fit through a 20mm board as well, but I had to use an old shank that was longer, and really crank it tight to get the new 4" shanks in. then it had to REALLY tighten them up to get enough thread for the beer line fittings.... really tight, but it all fits really well once it's cranked down.
4" is like 10cm. how long do you guys need your shanks?

edit: after searching through 26 pages on this thread i see that 3" shanks were ordered.

4" is like 10cm. how long do you guys need your shanks?

edit: after searching through 26 pages on this thread i see that 3" shanks were ordered.

Mate I have no idea. Im looking at getting these taps aswell. But id be stuffed if i know exactly what I need :p I know I need a shank. What about the back. Do you go a nipple or a JS fitting??? fARK.

Has anybody else had trouble fitting a nut & tail to these shanks? I bought 4 s/s nut/tail assemblies to suit the shanks, & 2 fit, 2 dont.

All nuts fit on the 2 shanks that fit & none will fit the other 2 shanks, I can get 1-2 turns on the shank then it locks tight.

It looks to me like the thread hasn't been cut deep enough in the 2 no fit shanks. The land on peak of the threads is visibly wider than the 2 shanks that will take the tail nuts.

These nuts might have a tighter tolerance to JG fittings that are popular on here but worth asking the question.

mine fitted fine really enjoy the pour on this

Yeah um, forget everything i just said :lol:

Brute force & repetition seems to have wore them in enough to tighten down.

Mate I have no idea. Im looking at getting these taps aswell. But id be stuffed if i know exactly what I need :p I know I need a shank. What about the back. Do you go a nipple or a JS fitting??? fARK.
as mcuh as i like nipples (he he nipples), i go JS fittings everytime.

Got these from the Ebay bloke in the States. A bit of messing around to get them to fit the Celli font, but all good in the end.
How good are they?, you pull the tap forward the beer comes out, game set and match.

DSCN0444.JPG

Got these from the Ebay bloke in the States. A bit of messing around to get them to fit the Celli font, but all good in the end.
How good are they?, you pull the tap forward the beer comes out, game set and match.

Sweet arsed font.

I should post pics of my fridge.

I'm about to order some of these shanks from The Beer Tap Store (US ebay seller) but I am making my collar now. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the hole that I need to cut for them to fit nicely?

Cheers,
Ben

I'm about to order some of these shanks from The Beer Tap Store (US ebay seller) but I am making my collar now. Can anyone tell me the diameter of the hole that I need to cut for them to fit nicely?

Cheers,
Ben

I used a half inch hole saw, did the trick wonderfully!

here's my favourite item of furnature in my loungeroom.

gallery_9967_601_14724.jpg

anyone got 3 of these taps with snap lock fittings they want to sell

I used a half inch hole saw, did the trick wonderfully!

here's my favourite item of furnature in my loungeroom.

gallery_9967_601_14724.jpg

I used a 22mm Holesaw and then dremil to enlarge the hole just enough for it to squeeze through, allowed me to use some 25mm PVC pipe to support the skins agains crushing.

My shanks from the bulk buy were however about 1cm too short once the locknut was on, leaving only about 2 threads to put the tail piece on. Not sure what length shank was ordered, but 1/2 inch more would have been good.

my temporary solution was to omit the locknut and pack the gap between the tight tail piece and fridge with red fibre tap body washer. Looks like I am up for two new shanks in the future sometime.
pic_90.JPGpic_091.JPGpic_092.JPG

Back