New Perlick Taps!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid $12.00 off ebay, if that ok with the police? :lol:

All gone now anyway

mate thats fine but when i send your a FREE tap handle the exact same one you pictured is it ok if i ask the question?

Ive got a gut feeling its not going to turn up. Did you post it registered or have any means to chase it up?

No way to chase it, but I sent yours and Supra Jim's on the same day and he just got his. Give it a few more days....

Ive got a gut feeling its not going to turn up. Did you post it registered or have any means to chase it up?

Give it a couple of more days.... I do have 2 spares here, but I am positive I sent yours....

Killer, let me know if it doesn't show up today, and I will send you another one.....

Question to all

did you guys work out whether the perlicks require a shank if your using them on a chest freezer with a collar? It was raised as to whether or not something like a JG fitting can be fitted straight onto the back of the tap ala a celli tap like this

taps_rom_inside.JPG

Hi CM2

I have installed mine on a collar with the shank (no photos yet sorry). Then used the JG fittings shown in your photo on the back of the shank.

I don't see how you'd install them without the shank, unless you went to a fair bit of effort to knock up some kind of custom fitting/mount.

Cheers SJ

yeah it doesnt look like there's enough thread on the tap itsself to go thru a collar and then connect straight to a JG fitting. Another advantage of a celli i guess (ie long thread)

yeah it doesnt look like there's enough thread on the tap itsself to go thru a collar and then connect straight to a JG fitting. Another advantage of a celli i guess (ie long thread)

you need to use a shank because the thread size on the tap is different to the shanks 5/8 thread . if you could find a fitting to fit on the tap it may work but may be a hassle to find . the celli taps are great i would recommend them highly
cheers paul
tap.jpg

That's crap :( 130 taps shipped out to over 50 people, and ONE doesn't make it.

I dunno, I reckon that seems pretty good.

It would've cost an extra 50 x $2.80 ($140) to send each package via registered post, so I reckon you're still at least $100 ahead versus sending them all registered post.

What did you pay for these guys? And where from if you dont mind. Im looking into buying some 525SS for my fridge conversion.

What did you pay for these guys? And where from if you dont mind. Im looking into buying some 525SS for my fridge conversion.

I bought them direct from Perlick ( I doubt they will sell to you for only a couple of taps) But some have found them on Ebay for really reasonable prices. I paid $18 US, when the dollar was about .82, so about $22. Plus freight, Plus GST and Import Duty when they arrived (on most of the stuff), so I sold them for $37 AUS plus $8 Shipping (not enough, but I still had anough to cover the freight). SO, all things covered, you can get them from ebay now for around the same price I got them for in the bulk buy, or get them from Rapids Wholesale for around $29 AUD plus frieght.

Enjoy!

Thanks mate. Yeah I have seen them on Ebay for around $30. Brauman59 is his ebay user name. I want 4, so I might contact the guy.

Also for a standard fridge, what size shanks are you using 3" or 4". I think he's selling the 4" for $20

And what are people using for their hose connections with these taps. The SS nipples/swivel nut kit or one of these Female Adaptor - Thread 5/8" BSP x OD 5/16" (8mm)

4" is pretty damned short, but it will fit. I FORCED mine to fit through a 20mm board as well, but I had to use an old shank that was longer, and really crank it tight to get the new 4" shanks in. then it had to REALLY tighten them up to get enough thread for the beer line fittings.... really tight, but it all fits really well once it's cranked down.

Latest posts

Back