New Liquid Yeasts In Perth?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
182 posts in, where is it all going? Dragging right out and boring.

ANOTHER retailer thread, not Proculture, not a sponsor either, all a bit onesided though.

So, if you go back to the first post in this thread, you will see it is intended to be for people to post their experience of how this new yeast product performs. So pissing matches between retailers or fans are quite likley to be deleted, in order that the thread may retain its original function.

We had a small disaster with the shipping. I won't go into it here as its been resolved.

Begs the question about experience of the supplier.

All looks good now though.

WJ

Yea it does make you think.

However they do have to rely on someone else. Which you cant always control.
And best thing is they did sort it out without to much drama, which is good fo business.

Looking forward to trying some of there yeast. (well actually just looking forward to using liquid yeast for the first time).

Anyway hundreds of posts in I'm going to do my SuperLandlord with the new yeast which should arrive very shortly so I'll report on how it goes.

2 bottles arrived just now, 36 hours from Bassendean to Bribie and they arrived cool although not icy but it's been 33 degrees and last night was the warmest August night since records began. Popped them straight in the fridge and very happy so far.

2 bottles arrived just now, 36 hours from Bassendean to Bribie and they arrived cool although not icy but it's been 33 degrees and last night was the warmest August night since records began. Popped them straight in the fridge and very happy so far.
Thats a great result , even with all the factors going the wrong way temperature wise.It would be a good idea once they have chilled back down to slightly crack the lids to release any pressure that would have built up.I do this on a regular basis with all the yeast I store in the cool room.Thanks for the feedback.
GB

Well i got some Kolsch proculture yeast the other day.

I made a big starter and bottled it according to Batz awesome post on this forum. When i was bottleing this culture i thought i would have a try, to see what it tastes like and to check if it got infected. Well it tasted awesome, i cant believe how good it tastes. I must note that this is the first liquid yeast i am trying. If it tastes that good just out of that starter, shit i cant wait to make some beer with it.

Any way if all this works i dont think i will be using dry yeast any more, liquid all the way.

drew

Latest posts

Back