New Craft Beer Bar In Brisbane - The Scratch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Christmas at the inlaws', hey?

Won't get around to it unfortunately. Have a good one.

Christmas at the inlaws', hey?

Won't get around to it unfortunately. Have a good one.

Yeah visiting Colin and his tribe.. lol.. Heading off for a road trip south to find some hippies mid week so kind of have a spare day today while the inlaws go a visiting folks.. Thought the scratch sounded the goods..

Cheers... Yeasty boys.. lol

Anyone know the open hours today? Was going to head down to today around 2 with a crew.

Checked the website but no mention of their hours.

It's open and tasting good.....

Ross loving the imperial ale!! Nelson and galaxy?

It's open and tasting good.....

Ross loving the imperial ale!! Nelson and galaxy?

Assuming it's the Red Bellied Black - It's all Simcoe to 130 IBU's - a kilo of hops in every keg & a secret spice to give it a sour twist.

cheers Ross

New taps......slight association!

Scratch_taps.jpg

I loved my little visit there, didnt take notes but Lobed some of the following.

1.JPG easy to find from Milton Station

2.JPG Felt Like I was in Amsterdam strangly

3.JPG ^

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

Really wanted the Armageddon but didnt get the chance sadly :(

Got into the Scratch last night. Very enjoyable atmosphere and the guys there definitely know their beer. The only downside was we had to stand in line for about 15min to get inside. That was easily made up for after the first glass of Bacchus raspberry oatmeal stout. Fantastic drop.

Theres an American Brown Ale on tap called "Brown Eyed Girl" ATM (made by some upstart bunch south of the river ;) ).
I'll see if I can sneak in a few glasses after work tomorrow.

Heading straight there from the airport tomorrow arvo. Place opened a few weeks after I left Bris so I'll have to put up with any friday night crowds and not do what I'd ususally do and say "**** it I'm going to the Clarence" like I used in those situations.

Got into the Scratch last night. Very enjoyable atmosphere and the guys there definitely know their beer. The only downside was we had to stand in line for about 15min to get inside. That was easily made up for after the first glass of Bacchus raspberry oatmeal stout. Fantastic drop.

Standing in line for 15 mins? Eff that noise. I think I'll do a mid-week visit.

Yep good idea Clutch or sneak out early for one or two.
Had the barmens ears last week, nice blokes. Very quiet around lunch time or just after but they warned me about packed house in the evening.
Good on them, there is alot of small bisuinesses there that come and go pretty quick Ive heard. Hope they can survive. Some top drops on offer and a few free tasters to entice at that time of day. Just what Brisbane needs I reckon.
Daz

Yeh, I was tempted to bugger off but I'd made the journey over to Milton specifically to check the place out.

I definitely won't try 8pm on a Friday night again though. Either get whilst people are still at dinner or waiting till after 9.

Saturday afternoon last week was a perfect time to Scratch! I'll avoid the weekend evenings I think.

Hi All,
If you're looking for a top shelf local, or a new venue for a crafty beer them come down to Vroom Bistro & Bar on James St in the Valley...
I'm up to roughly 37 beers, both local and international and I'd love to see you there. Currently running St Arnou on the taps and I'm always rotating the beer list too so a hell of a lot of variety. Love to have you in for a brew, a chat and some feedback!!
Vroom Bistro & Bar46 James St, F/Valley"taking life one beer at a time!" (and on a bad day it's a minimum 2 :p :p !!!)
Greg

Hi All,
If you're looking for a top shelf local, or a new venue for a crafty beer them come down to Vroom Bistro & Bar on James St in the Valley...
I'm up to roughly 37 beers, both local and international and I'd love to see you there. Currently running St Arnou on the taps and I'm always rotating the beer list too so a hell of a lot of variety. Love to have you in for a brew, a chat and some feedback!!
Vroom Bistro & Bar46 James St, F/Valley"taking life one beer at a time!" (and on a bad day it's a minimum 2 :p :p !!!)
Greg

You open tonight? I just happen to be in town for 'Work'.

Back