New Craft Beer Bar In Brisbane - The Scratch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Book in March 25th for the 4 Hearts Brewing Tap Takeover.

The 4 beers will be:

4 Degrees Pale Ale and 3 new beers:

4 Degrees I.P.A - The big brother of 4 Degrees Pale Ale. The Pale Ale on steriods. Big and malty with a huge hit of hops on the nose. There is a slight reisny after taste due to the amount of hops. The big malt backbone is slightly over powered by the Cascade and the Nelson Sauvin hops. This beer will smooth out as it ages but when tasted was pretty full on. The abv. is approx. 6.8%.

4 Degrees Wein Lager - A lager made from 100% Vienna Malt and moderately hopped with Hallertau German hops. This beer is a solid lager, slightly biscuity/roasty, clean and easy to drink. It's pretty simple but then good beer doesn't always have to be complicated.

4 Degrees Coal Miners Stout - Coal mining has been going on in Ipswich for well over 100 years...this beer was brewed about 4 weeks... ago using English Ale Malt, German Smoked Malt, Crystal, Choc Rye and Roasted Barley, a touch of English hops and English ale yeast. Its choclately, roasty and slightly smokey aroma is backed up by a rich big body and just enough bitterness to offset the sweet malt flavours. Perfect after a day in the mines, with an abv of 4% you can have a few too.

Hope to see a few of you guys there.

Looking like a 'Can't Miss' event!

I
There is only one keg of each so doubt any will be around ano week after

They'll probably put a keg of XXXX gold on to see if we notice ;)

Special today - la bire d'or

They'll probably put a keg of XXXX gold on to see if we notice ;)

Special today - la bire d'or
That would be funny, what about gold through a randall
?

That would be funny, what about gold through a randall
?

I can imagine die-hard Gold drinkers - "Oh no, my tastebuds - FLAVOUR!!!! :icon_vomit: "

IIRC there was talk about whether somewhere like The Scratch could ever get their hands on the wood cask, hand pump XXXX (it's either XX or XXX - it's only ever on sale at the Brekkie Creek Hotel) but this is only ever likely to be what it currently is - hot air... <_<

GG

I can imagine die-hard Gold drinkers - "Oh no, my tastebuds - FLAVOUR!!!! :icon_vomit: "

IIRC there was talk about whether somewhere like The Scratch could ever get their hands on the wood cask, hand pump XXXX (it's either XX or XXX - it's only ever on sale at the Brekkie Creek Hotel) but this is only ever likely to be what it currently is - hot air... <_<

GG
Even if they could get it I don't they would serve it, but LN would never offer it anyway.

And frankly why would the scratch bother.

GG

That whole cask thing at the Brekkie is part of QLD law ... honest. The brewery is prohibited by law not to cask up and send the beer to the pub.

Anyways, wonder if the Scratch can also get something in legislation ... ohh the ideas!

Something like "All people called Winkle are required by law to attend the Scratch daily"

Vote available here :)

Heading in for a couple of knock-off beers in an hour. Anyone up?

Cheers,
tallie

Is anyone heading in for a dose of green beer and spud ale today? I'm trying to get there this arvo after brewing probably around 2/3pm.

Bah humbug, Scratch visit FAIL yesterday :( - will try again today :)

Not this weekend I'm afraid winkle, but I'm up for an afternoon session this week between Wednesday and Friday, probably not before 4pm. Usually get the Ippy train from the city, but checking the bus timetable to be sure. ;)

i did a quick once-thru the tap range today, Ross's Potato head beer must win the best tap top award for the year. 4 Pines Imperial Stout was good, just let down a bit by a lingering harsh bitterness and Sunshine Coasts Endeavour IPA was the standout beer for the day - good, clean and sessional - nice one Greg!
I let Ben know that there was a bunch of pist people heading his way on the 31st - he was slightly alarmed until I said that StillScottish would pay for any damages. Nice one Campbell!

Must have just missed you Perry, got there about 4pm... Couple of Potato Heads & Murray's Grand Cru followed by a beautiful meal across the road... great way to end the week.

Must have just missed you Perry, got there about 4pm... Couple of Potato Heads & Murray's Grand Cru followed by a beautiful meal across the road... great way to end the week.

Hmm, missed you by a few minutes - did you go to the 'Craft'? We were looking at that, and thought we'd check it out next visit.

Book in March 25th for the 4 Hearts Brewing Tap Takeover.

The 4 beers will be:

4 Degrees Pale Ale and 3 new beers:

4 Degrees I.P.A - The big brother of 4 Degrees Pale Ale. The Pale Ale on steriods. Big and malty with a huge hit of hops on the nose. There is a slight reisny after taste due to the amount of hops. The big malt backbone is slightly over powered by the Cascade and the Nelson Sauvin hops. This beer will smooth out as it ages but when tasted was pretty full on. The abv. is approx. 6.8%.

4 Degrees Wein Lager - A lager made from 100% Vienna Malt and moderately hopped with Hallertau German hops. This beer is a solid lager, slightly biscuity/roasty, clean and easy to drink. It's pretty simple but then good beer doesn't always have to be complicated.

4 Degrees Coal Miners Stout - Coal mining has been going on in Ipswich for well over 100 years...this beer was brewed about 4 weeks... ago using English Ale Malt, German Smoked Malt, Crystal, Choc Rye and Roasted Barley, a touch of English hops and English ale yeast. Its choclately, roasty and slightly smokey aroma is backed up by a rich big body and just enough bitterness to offset the sweet malt flavours. Perfect after a day in the mines, with an abv of 4% you can have a few too.

Hope to see a few of you guys there.

Less than a week to go, getting lots of interest too, so with one keg only of each of the 3 new beers if you are planning on coming I recommend getting there early!

The Scratch will get plenty of my hard earned soon enough. A mates 50th on the 30th and then the crawl on the 31st...........No wonder the Sunday is April Fools day <_<

i did a quick once-thru the tap range today, Ross's Potato head beer must win the best tap top award for the year. 4 Pines Imperial Stout was good, just let down a bit by a lingering harsh bitterness and Sunshine Coasts Endeavour IPA was the standout beer for the day - good, clean and sessional - nice one Greg!
I let Ben know that there was a bunch of pist people heading his way on the 31st - he was slightly alarmed until I said that StillScottish would pay for any damages. Nice one Campbell!

Eeeek!

Back