New Craft Beer Bar In Brisbane - The Scratch

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump! Something to do in Brissy on Sunday :)

Book in March 25th for the 4 Hearts Brewing Tap Takeover.

The 4 beers will be:

4 Degrees Pale Ale and 3 new beers:

4 Degrees I.P.A - The big brother of 4 Degrees Pale Ale. The Pale Ale on steriods. Big and malty with a huge hit of hops on the nose. There is a slight reisny after taste due to the amount of hops. The big malt backbone is slightly over powered by the Cascade and the Nelson Sauvin hops. This beer will smooth out as it ages but when tasted was pretty full on. The abv. is approx. 6.8%.

4 Degrees Wein Lager - A lager made from 100% Vienna Malt and moderately hopped with Hallertau German hops. This beer is a solid lager, slightly biscuity/roasty, clean and easy to drink. It's pretty simple but then good beer doesn't always have to be complicated.

4 Degrees Coal Miners Stout - Coal mining has been going on in Ipswich for well over 100 years...this beer was brewed about 4 weeks... ago using English Ale Malt, German Smoked Malt, Crystal, Choc Rye and Roasted Barley, a touch of English hops and English ale yeast. Its choclately, roasty and slightly smokey aroma is backed up by a rich big body and just enough bitterness to offset the sweet malt flavours. Perfect after a day in the mines, with an abv of 4% you can have a few too.

Hope to see a few of you guys there.

That's Scottish for 'No Worries Mate' and/or 'I will pay for this and all future QLD pub crawls'.
:ph34r:

Or first couple of rounds are on me! Gie it laldy

Brisbanites, just found out I'm going to be in Milton for work this afternoon so looks like Scratch after work if anyone's keen.

Brisbanites, just found out I'm going to be in Milton for work this afternoon so looks like Scratch after work if anyone's keen.

Not tonight Jos Ben, hey let me know if they are open any days over Easter.

Not tonight Jos Ben, hey let me know if they are open any days over Easter.
You mean for them or for me to be drinking ? :)
I think one of then said they'll be open the weekend, just not the Good Friday..

Stopped here last night for a very quick beer while driving through Milton, reminded me to come here more often and with more time on hand.

Love this place, great beer (supporting small brewerys) and the guys behind the bar are great.

Yep, was my first time last Saturday on the Pub Crawl. Great location, great staff. Shame the Hopsickle ran out just as I ordered! Oh well, must be quicker next time! :p

For your crawls Nick don't forget Archive over at West End!

Has anyone been to the London Club at Tenneriffe? Run by a keen home brewer. Apparently he only has Burleigh Brewing on tap, but another 40 craft beers in the fridge. I'm keen to check it out. It would be good to add another decent bar to the very short list of good bars in Brisbane?

Does anyone know if they serve food at the scratch?

Also is it invite only for the opening?

Was thinking of popping down on friday night.....

You can order food from the restaurants and they will bring it to Scratch for you.

Diggs - ended my crawl at Archive after a few pints. Even felt good the next morning! :p

Diggs - ended my crawl at Archive after a few pints. Even felt good the next morning! :p

That explains why you were in trouble yesterday ;)

Cask beers on handpump going off, you'd better get in real quick.
first pour, before getting rid of the sparkler...
cask1.JPG
about time this was happening,
cask2.JPG
I wonder if any of the second keg will be left tomorrow.
Edit: oh.. , the beer...., a very enjoyable best bitter "Double Dragon" - tilted toward the bitter end of the scale but very sessional.

Dropped in for a few last night after work.

Mikkeller Black Hole Stout (DROOL) and Bacchus IPA - just awesome!

Back