New Brewery For Rouse Hill

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetsamHsam

Reaction score
A mate at work just told me he was driving down Windsor rd. just outside of Rouse Hill this morning and saw a sign proclaiming 'New brewery coming soon' or something along those lines...

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Yep I have seen this also. I believe its being built by the family that owns the Hillside Tavern in Castle Hill and the Potters Hotel and Brewery in the Hunter.

This is awesome. I didn't know whether or not he was having me on..

Maybe Keith could elaborate a little, if it is infact the owners of Potters who are responsible..

Yep I have seen this also. I believe its being built by the family that owns the Hillside Tavern in Castle Hill and the Potters Hotel and Brewery in the Hunter.

Same as what I heard: These Guys

The Marketing sounds like Chris from Masterchef would like their idea. I hear pigs heads & beer is so hot right now!

This is awesome. I didn't know whether or not he was having me on..

Maybe Keith could elaborate a little, if it is infact the owners of Potters who are responsible..

Sorry, but Potters was sold about a year ago so they now have seperate owners.

It seems like they've been working on this for ages - anyone heard any rumors?

Drove past it the other day. It's happening. Its on Annangrove Road at Nathans Smash Repairs old site.
Lots of beer bling visable. Can't wait

It seems like they've been working on this for ages - anyone heard any rumors?

Yeah, they used to have a countdown timer on their website. It had them pegged to open back in february, which obviously didn't happen.

I have heard a rumour about a 300L brew pub going in at erskine park. They already have council approval, so should hopefully be brewing by the end of the year.

Yeah, they used to have a countdown timer on their website. It had them pegged to open back in february, which obviously didn't happen.

I have heard a rumour about a 300L brew pub going in at erskine park. They already have council approval, so should hopefully be brewing by the end of the year.

Just another reason I have for moving back to the St Marys/St Clair area when we start looking.

'New brewery coming soon'

'Coming soon' seems to equate to 'how long's a peice of string'

I reckon that sign has been up for over six months at least.

Maby if a few of us stand at the gate dragging pewter mugs back and forth accross the bars they'd get a hurry on?

'Coming soon' seems to equate to 'how long's a peice of string'

I reckon that sign has been up for over six months at least.

Maby if a few of us stand at the gate dragging pewter mugs back and forth accross the bars they'd get a hurry on?

I really hope they get a good brewer in to run the place - I suspect that they are probably going to go mainly for crowd pleasing lagers to compete with the Mean Fiddler and Ettamogah pub, both down the road. Pure speculation, and I really hope to be proved wrong.......

Been going past the place for bet part of a year ( local to there) nothing has happened on the site in that time
Almost neve seen anyone there.. Hope they haven't run outa money FCC and all that
I hear rumor it was the family that sold the mean fiddler a couple years back...

I really hope they get a good brewer in to run the place - I suspect that they are probably going to go mainly for crowd pleasing lagers to compete with the Mean Fiddler and Ettamogah pub, both down the road. Pure speculation, and I really hope to be proved wrong.......

Speculation indeed. I suspect you may find a beer very similar to the Hunter Kolsch recipe as it was 3 years ago and its very, very likely that you will find a dark lager very similar to the Hunter Bock as it tasted 3 years ago.

;-)

I stopped in last weekend to see what was going on.. The bar is open however they aren't brewing yet.

All of the brewery equipment is onsite but the plumbing doesn't seem to be done. That and the fact that the brewery is 'open air' at the moment means I will probably wait 2-3 months before going back again.

Back