New All Grain brewing supplier in the Hunter Valley

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boozed

Reaction score
Digga from Country Brewer in East Maitland NSW told me today that they will be providing a more comprehensive AG brewing supplies service in the coming weeks. He said that they will be providing a variety of malts and hops to order which will be packaged and milled (if requested) - not unlike another LHBS in the region - so you can design your brew on, say, beersmith, then place your order. They seem genuinely keen to support AG brewers and were seeking my input as to what hops and malts etc they should supply. They already sell grain by the sack, 500g or 4 kg packs and hops in varying. They told me it will take a few weeks or so to get the grain mill, storage facilities etc sorted so watch this space. I forgot to ask about postage orders and pricing but I'll post on here when I find out.

Bumpy

I note that when you order online from Country Brewer the order seems to be processed by some central "warehouse" and sent from there.
I'd rather the sale went to Digga and the BrewBitch direct.

Did you find out anything about postage, particularly sending a sack from East Maitland to Taree area?

He wouldn't be far off cracking his grains, but I know that with more orders he can get cheaper freight so it would be in the same ballpark as mhb once he gets going. He doesn't have his own website as such so email him at maitland(@)countrybrewer.com.au to get them directly

Bribie G said:
Bumpy

I note that when you order online from Country Brewer the order seems to be processed by some central "warehouse" and sent from there.
I'd rather the sale went to Digga and the BrewBitch direct.

Did you find out anything about postage, particularly sending a sack from East Maitland to Taree area?
Bribe G,

Just spoke with them and it will cost you $12 per 25kg sack of grain delivered to the Taree area. Pretty bloody good I reckon. Just place your order by calling the East Maitalnd store direct (0249330058) and they will ship it from there using Fastway.

Swanny.

Latest posts

Back