New 3V HERMS or Braumeister setup feasibility ...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TidalPete said:
Would never contemplate spending $2500 when another $1000 could get me a 50-litre Braumeister with all the extra benefits.
Having said that I must admit to have probably spent well over $2000 on my HERMS (So far & slowly but surely over a long time).
I would like to think that any sort of all-grain brewing setup is more enjoyable & satisfying than a set-and-forget system but each to his own. :beer:
Never tired of showing off my rig. :lol:
The pic of my rig seems to have done a runner so posting once again.
Each to his own. :beer:

21-1-13 Brewery Upgrade 1  (1).JPG

Yob said:
will admit that throwing PBW into the mash wasnt my greatest moment... but it wouldnt have mattered what sort of system it was on :lol:
would have made a good clean tasting beer yob.....

That's a damned schmick looking rig, TP.

My advise is to go a simple single vessel easy for cleaning storing and less coin to out lay ,I built this unit for around $650 and had a bit of fun designing it.It works great and very small and easy unit to handle. Cheers heres some pics
IMG_1191.jpg
IMG_1210.jpg
IMG_1212.jpg
IMG_1205.jpg
IMG_1187.jpg

Thanks bum & Yob. :)
Insulation is just Clark Rubber aluminium-backed foam rubber. Difference in the colour is my fault. Did the MT first (Whilst having a 30-litre urn as HLT) & put the ally backing on the front for bling purposes. Big mistake because the tight circumference caused the aluminium to split & peel so had to peel it all off.
Ally on the back is good!
Still need reverse-osmosis to finalise my salt additions + SS HEX coil to make everything stainless..

Please note that this rig was designed to fit into one of those micro lawn lockers in those sad retirement villages which should never happen to any poor sod. Fingers crossed. :lol:
Got a lot of living to do yet at my young age!
Whoo hoo! :party:

bum said:
That's a damned schmick looking rig, TP.
Pete had a full career building Brisbane's and Perth's electric trains, his rig was but a trivial whim.

Bit of an update...

I am talking to Nev at Gryphon.. Thanks Nev, I have an electrician helping with the wiring of the control box (friend) and I have a mate that can get all electrical equipment at cost or less for me... so things are starting to come together.

I will keep everyone posted

Latest posts

Back