Need Some Help With Calculations

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QIK86

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've brewed, but I've got another one going at last. I put it down 30/05/11. Recipe below..

1.7kg Coopers Canadian Blonde Kit
1.7kg Morgans Queenslander Gold Kit
250g Cracked Crystal Grain steeped
200g White sugar
15g Cascade @ 15min
10g Cascade @ 5min
10g Chinook @ 5min
Made up to 21L
US-05 yeast

Didn't intend on using the Morgans can, or white sugar, but found all my LDME had melted over the summer months to a rock hard candy-like block, so used them instead. Also, as it's been a while, I forgot to take a starting SG reading, so have no idea what to expect.

My Excel isn't working so I can't use my spreadsheets and calculators to get an idea of what starting SG would have been and where it might finish and final alc%.

Would a fellow AHB'er be kind enough to plug everything into their spreadsheet and tell me a bit about what I'm brewing?? haha

I think the US-05 is going quite slowly at around 20 degrees. Was at 1028 Monday, 1021 today.

Many thanks!

just on a calculator I get about 1.0585 as your OG
if the yeast attenuates to 75% you shoulld pull up at about 1.014 - 1.015 which is roughly 5.85% ABV
Mind you thats just rough using the little widows free calculator on the desktop but it shouldn't be too far out.
MHB

Hi everyone,

Been a while since I've brewed, but I've got another one going at last. I put it down 30/05/11. Recipe below..

1.7kg Coopers Canadian Blonde Kit
1.7kg Morgans Queenslander Gold Kit
250g Cracked Crystal Grain steeped
200g White sugar
15g Cascade @ 15min
10g Cascade @ 5min
10g Chinook @ 5min
Made up to 21L
US-05 yeast

Didn't intend on using the Morgans can, or white sugar, but found all my LDME had melted over the summer months to a rock hard candy-like block, so used them instead. Also, as it's been a while, I forgot to take a starting SG reading, so have no idea what to expect.

My Excel isn't working so I can't use my spreadsheets and calculators to get an idea of what starting SG would have been and where it might finish and final alc%.

Would a fellow AHB'er be kind enough to plug everything into their spreadsheet and tell me a bit about what I'm brewing?? haha

I think the US-05 is going quite slowly at around 20 degrees. Was at 1028 Monday, 1021 today.

Many thanks!
[/quote]

I have copied this from the Kit & Extract designer programme, hope it is what you want.

Request_1.pngrequest_2.png

Attachments

• Request_1.png
    Request_1.png
    118.5 KB · Views: 26
  • request_2.png
    request_2.png
    116.1 KB · Views: 24

Latest posts

Back