Need An Idea For A Mates Birthday...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the only thing stopping them from becoming boyfriend and girlfriend was the chance that he was his mother. If the DNA test proves that he is not actually his mother, girlfriend it is!

You assume mother and girlfriend are mutually exclusive...

I got a homebrew start up kit for my 21st from a bunch of mates. But for his 20th? Seriously, go have a beer and buy the first game of pool.

Acasta, I can see where you are coming from...

I guess it's a Generation Y thing for a good group mates to make a bit of a deal for eachothers birthdays, even the less significant birthdays (20). There's so much money thrown around these days, heck you're even expected to buy an ok pressie for the 'other' friends.

So if you just take your mate to the pub and buy him a drink, it's gonna look povo/you might feel dodgey.

Here's some idea's:

Go paintballing and pay his share and booze before/after (cost split between a few mates).
Hire a sweet muscle car (with driver) to drive you lads around from brewery to brewery (or get a mini-van/bus if theres enough of you guys...get one of your folks to rent a mini-van (12 seater) from Avis or whatever for the day and ask them nicely to be DD)
Buy him some camping gear (if he likes that kinda thing)
Buy some shit for his car (speakers/stereo/covers/hub caps :p)
Everyone could always use a good Sherrin footy.
Gear for his fav footy team/car brand.
Surfing lessons.
Get pissed in the morning, go play Supa-Golf, keep drinking at night.

Hope that helps champ.

yeah I would just go with some premium booze, an 18th or a 21st I would goto some effort for, unless you're trying to score points with this mate for a reason.

It's good to see a bunch of 20 somethings looking to do something other than heading to King St pepped up on party pills and starting brawls, stabbing people and bashing the local constabulary.

My advice would be to jump on the 48 or 75 tram to Mountain Goat at Richmond on a Friday night. You'll get to drink good beer in the brewery and there's a foosball table for your gamer mates.

Booz

yeah I would just go with some premium booze, an 18th or a 21st I would goto some effort for, unless you're trying to score points with this mate for a reason.

The mate in question is the one he maimed with his over primed homebrew a few months back, so there may be an element of guilt attached to this process.....

My vote is for the paint-ball idea, hell of a lot of fun sober, much more fun pissed! :icon_drunk:

Presents for mates...hmmm...presents for mates...?

Are you confusing mates with girlfriends and mums? Cos I don't recall mates getting presents. Just girlfriends and mums.

Make sure you write something nice in the card.

I think this is another Y-generation thing ... too much oestrogen in the water, or something.

Apparently they shave more than their faces, use facial cleansers and wear ear-rings and stuff. :eek:

I hate so say it, but...

+1

Mmmmm ... $50 hooker?

I thought it was supposed to be his mate not his enemy! :icon_vomit:

5zoegx.jpg

The mate in question is the one he maimed with his over primed homebrew a few months back, so there may be an element of guilt attached to this process.....

My vote is for the paint-ball idea, hell of a lot of fun sober, much more fun pissed! :icon_drunk:

hmm in that case fair enough. I would go with the paintball.

haha, loving the ideas coming through, thanks to those who took is serious haha, but also had a good laugh at about %90 of the suggestions. I was going to quote and reply to most of the posts here but theres just too many good ones!

We're going for a pub crawl, i kinda figured its not that special being a 20th as most suggested, so multiple pubs and a place to sleep sounds good. He may even get a beer on me :p

On the "why bother for a 20th birthday" thing, he's a good mate so i wanted to do something fun, i'd like my mates to do the same in return :)

haha, loving the ideas coming through, thanks to those who took is serious haha, but also had a good laugh at about %90 of the suggestions. I was going to quote and reply to most of the posts here but theres just too many good ones!

We're going for a pub crawl, i kinda figured its not that special being a 20th as most suggested, so multiple pubs and a place to sleep sounds good. He may even get a beer on me :p

On the "why bother for a 20th birthday" thing, he's a good mate so i wanted to do something fun, i'd like my mates to do the same in return :)

You don't care about his Bday it was just a good excuse for a pub crawl hey. :icon_cheers:

Hmm, 20th birthday pubcrawl... that rings a bell.

Camden Town pub crawl for a mate's birthday 'back in the day'

10-hole pub golf course. 1 pub per hole. Pars for each pub based on the number of times you raise the glass. ... I guess the theme was quality and quantity.

A practice hole to start at lunch time and each player assigned their golf name. Anyone caught calling another player by their real name forfeits a penalty shot (which could be taken as a depth charge.)

We were home for dinner at 6.30pm and a massive food fight in the uni dining hall after downing 11 pints in one (including depth charges).

Comatose by 7.30pm :icon_cheers:

EDIT: But under no circumstance did we buy the ugly ******* a drink :eek:

He was talking about pub golf! Im gonna do that! Great idea.

Back