Nd Fresh Wort Kit - Amarillo Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewer_010

Curry Master
Reaction score
I'm keen to try this one, it sounds like a nice drop but....has anyone tried this kit yet and what were the results like?

What ingredients, if any, are needed to improve/beef it up?

Etc etc...

Cheers!

I was talking to Gerard about it, i don't think there would be anything to add. Although you could just add some more Amarillo ;)

I would expect the manufacturer to say "add nothing" (no offense), but I found the old esb ones often needed a little bit more at times as they were very 'dilute' at 20L...

How's the opinions of other brewers here with regard to this kit?

Cheers

I found it impressive, actually the best from the "Brewer's Selection" fresh wort kits that I've tried so far.
Didn't add anything, made up to 19L and fermented @ 18 degrees.

Kegged straight from primary after 8 days (I usually rack to secondary & CC for at least a week but stocks were dangerously low) and it was very tasty immediately, I now have another impatiently waiting in line for it's turn in the fermenter...

I won't put any further additions into the next one as I very impressed by it...

Cool. I'm decided...
I'll make it unadulterated and see what happens :beer: ... may even buy two!

from what i hear most of the recipes have been improved since gerard has taken over "making" them so it wouldnt surprise me if nothing needs to be added , having said that i brewed a pilsner b4 the "switchover" and it turned out quite nicely without any additives , but then again brewing is a game of trial and error if your keen on a particular hop flavor/aroma add more ...

I know this is a bit late . BUT. Im drinking Amarillo at the moment, got the fresh wort from Ballarat HB.
Best one Ive had so far, bit cloudy at first, thats cos I keg n drink.
Did the add 5 litres water and content of plastic container + yeast supplied.
Will be doing this one again.

Roota

Back