National Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crusty said:
I'm looking at Martin's HP reg & the propane burner & stand, here.
If anyone's using one, could you shoot me a PM.
I've been inundated all of a sudden with a few mates requesting that I get a bit more serious & pump out bigger batches. These guys drink like fish & love the beers & they want more, lots more. It's just an idea at this stage but I'm considering doing back to back mashes on the 50lt BM, 90min each, making use of the excellent step mash capabilities & temp control of the BM. Combine both mashes to a 150lt kettle & boil on one of Martin's burners.
Anyone found a decent place to get a 150lt boil kettle?
Stainless or Aluminum?
I just received one of those burners (cheers Martin), I'll post with how it handles a double batch Sunday.

Donske said:
I just received one of those burners (cheers Martin), I'll post with how it handles a double batch Sunday.
Subscribed!
I'm looking at a quad batch though, 4 x 20lt cubes.
I'll give Martin a call & see what he reckons.
Keep us posted on your results.
Cheers.

Recieved my items quick smart. Martin even added in a little bit extra which was quite nice as i couldn't find them on his site but left a note. Will definately be using for future purchases :)

Cheers

Jon

Just a prompt for those brewers looking for gear and supplies before the Easter Break. Please plan ahead and have orders in by the Wednesday morning before Easter. Karen and i will be taking our first break in 4 years over Easter and will be away chasing Barramundi and Bass on fly :) . Staff will be available for anything needed on the Thursday and Saturday morning. But will be pushed to get courier deliveries out. Last Wyeast and Whitelabs mail outs will be done Tuesday Afternoon at 3:00pm. Back to normal on the Tuesday after Easter.

Martin

Hi HBHB,

I seen your selection of malt on the website and the prices are great.

Can you give me an idea for shipping cost of 6kg of malt to 2250 Central Coast?

A couple more orders on and still great products and service from National Homebrew.

Pratty1 said:
Hi HBHB,

I seen your selection of malt on the website and the prices are great.

Can you give me an idea for shipping cost of 6kg of malt to 2250 Central Coast?
Add what you want to the Shopping Cart where you will find a shipping calculator...

Edit: Nope, my bad, the calculator doesn't calculate for weights above 4kg :blink:

quickest turnaround every time - ordered tuesday night, recieved goods thursday lunch time.

NewtownClown said:
Add what you want to the Shopping Cart where you will find a shipping calculator...

Edit: Nope, my bad, the calculator doesn't calculate for weights above 4kg :blink:
Depends what's in the cart NTC. We tweak shipping costs regularly to get the best deals/rates we can and some orders need to be done manually to achieve that. We check them regularly but orders done late at night wait until 6 or 7 in the morning.

Martin

Hey Martin,

Any idea on how much postage will be for two of those 15kg LME growlers (30kg in all) + 200g of hops to the Brisbane Metro area? Your website couldn't calculate the postage cost and I didn't want to finalize the purchase without an idea of how much it was going to add to my bill...

PM SENT.

Guys, in fairness to forum users, for anyone who have general order enquiries etc, Email or a phone call are the best modes for quick communication and it stops threads from being bumped.

Thanks,
Martin

Paid for my order lunchtime yesterday, package here when I got home from work in the afternoon today with a charming little 'Happy Easter' message from Cheryl. Thank you National Home brew!

Those 15kg growlers of liquid malt are great value for money, any idea of their grain make-up? It's very pale, lotsa wheat?

menoetes said:
Paid for my order lunchtime yesterday, package here when I got home from work in the afternoon today with a charming little 'Happy Easter' message from Cheryl. Thank you National Home brew!

Those 15kg growlers of liquid malt are great value for money, any idea of their grain make-up? It's very pale, lotsa wheat?
each one is different mate. Full details are available at http://www.brewingwithbriess.com/Products/Extracts.htm#PilsenLight

Cheers,
Martin

ordered all my stainless fittings for my herms build Saturday night got home from work this afternoon and they are on the step. great service HBHB

I must add my voice to the many others who are impressed with the excellent service from National Homebrew. I recently purchased a temp controller to use on my "new" fermenting fridge (kegerator can now get on with just serving beer) and once again NHB has excelled with service.

I'll add my input, Martin is great to deal with. Very professional service and his product list is great. I will definitely be purchasing again from him in the future.

Gotta say the packing from NHB is good - double wrapped grains.
Wyeast packaged with 2 packs of cool blocks on either side.
Found a 40g pack of Cascade in there and thought "crap, did I order extra hops?". Found a hand written note from Martin saying a free pack was thrown in.

Very happy yet again.

Latest posts

Back