National Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Martin, thanks for speedy delivery of yeast and Amarillo! And for close observance of my conditional shipping request (if X, then Y, if W, then Z)

I have used these guys twice now. Very happy with the prices and the fact that I can order ingredients on Wednesday and be virtually guaranteed that I'll receive the grain in Brisbane either the very next day or at least before the weekend for brewing. Something not offered recently by another store that I used to use.

I ordered liquid yeast and it was posted yesterday, 8.30am it's here and the ice packs are still cool. Fantastic service Martin, I have not been able to order and receive yeast from anyone else and receive it so quickly before. Of course it's not the first time you're done this for me either. :super:

Batz

Can not see national home brew street address on there website .

I'll also add my voice to the chorus praising this mob's customer service. I bought a pump off them not too long ago which packed up on me the first time I went to use it. I sent them an email on a Friday and had a replacement at my door on the Monday morning.

Good work guys! I'll be using you again.

It's overdue but I'll add my recommendation as a satisfied customer as well.
Prompt and very helpful response to enquiries. Helped me out when I mucked up my order too.

Terrific service.

Heck. Me too. Got some glasses from Martin and found one was deformed from manufacturing. He responded very quickly and had a replacement out in a couple of days. Cheers Martin.

wynnum1 said:
Can not see national home brew street address on there website .
Wynnum,

Address is on a few places on the website.

It is 2/92 Beach Rd, "The Precinct"
Pialba. Hervey Bay. Q. 4655

Cheers,
Martin

Got my order from Martin on Tuesday. Top service. Rang to ask if I wanted my grain milled. Even flushed it with co2.I also liked the bags the hops came in. Resealable. Great for brewers who like to keep a variety of hops on hand but don't use a megaton.

I am sure the tyres are at correct pressure but if we are pumping.....

Martin's, service, delivery and packaging is second to none. In my experience.

I think we have a clear leader in 'retailer of the year 2013' award recipient.

Seriously mate, good to see the tree being shaken. Keep up the good work, hopefully threads like this make it worth more than it is already to you.

Respect and a little rock \m/

I have to agree, the service is second to none. Every time I have ordered from NHB, delivery has been very quick and spot on. Have also converted my brother to them now as well, both wouldn't shop anywhere else!

After reading through this thread I thought I'd give a different retailer a go (I should note I've had no negative experiences with other retailers). With no home brew store in Orange and limited grains 45mins away at Country Brewer, I'm limited to ordering packaged recipes and need them milled.

Firstly, the range of grains is unreal. Each grain has a pdf copy on the website from the supplier with all the grain details. Excellent stuff for getting recipes right.
Secondly, grain prices are as cheap as I've seen them. Yeast and hops too.
Thirdly, service. I forgot to add an item to my order so called up and was told to put another order in and it would be added. Martin gave me his mobile in case I have any issues. Was shipped on a Wednesday afternoon.
I received my yeast on Friday but not other stuff. I called up and was informed the yeast was packaged separately, and well packed it was too.
I was impatient on Monday after not receiving my parcel and was offered very helpful advice on where things may have been shipped and Martin tracked it down as best he could to an on-fowarder. It ended up turning up at 4:00 PM that afternoon but the Mangrove Jack's cider had burst in transit. It was pretty clearly the courier's fault as the box was crushed. I e-mailed photos to National and received a call this afternoon to ask what had happened and an assurance that if the couriers didn't sort it with me, there would be action on their end.
Only gripe was that postage was $38 all up (2 x recipes + yeasts), but that seems to be the going rate out here. Cheaper than a drive to Sydney.

Oh and finally, they mill and pack custom recipes individually at no extra charge.

Will definitely shop there again, thanks again Martin.

TheWiggman said:
After reading through this thread I thought I'd give a different retailer a go (I should note I've had no negative experiences with other retailers). With no home brew store in Orange and limited grains 45mins away at Country Brewer, I'm limited to ordering packaged recipes and need them milled.

Firstly, the range of grains is unreal. Each grain has a pdf copy on the website from the supplier with all the grain details. Excellent stuff for getting recipes right.
Secondly, grain prices are as cheap as I've seen them. Yeast and hops too.
Thirdly, service. I forgot to add an item to my order so called up and was told to put another order in and it would be added. Martin gave me his mobile in case I have any issues. Was shipped on a Wednesday afternoon.
I received my yeast on Friday but not other stuff. I called up and was informed the yeast was packaged separately, and well packed it was too.
I was impatient on Monday after not receiving my parcel and was offered very helpful advice on where things may have been shipped and Martin tracked it down as best he could to an on-fowarder. It ended up turning up at 4:00 PM that afternoon but the Mangrove Jack's cider had burst in transit. It was pretty clearly the courier's fault as the box was crushed. I e-mailed photos to National and received a call this afternoon to ask what had happened and an assurance that if the couriers didn't sort it with me, there would be action on their end.
Only gripe was that postage was $38 all up (2 x recipes + yeasts), but that seems to be the going rate out here. Cheaper than a drive to Sydney.

Oh and finally, they mill and pack custom recipes individually at no extra charge.

Will definitely shop there again, thanks again Martin.
I'll follow that one up this afternoon again. To see what action has been taken. I suspect evryone on the transport side of things will hope it just goes away on it's own. Regardless, we'll get it sorted asap.

Thanks all for the kind words. Just doing what we do.

Good service is easy when you have a solid team.

Martin

Got my order this morning less than 24 hrs after submitting it!

It came with a nice little "warning" from Karen to "watch that yeast - very active" - although I already knew that Nottingham was very active it's certainly a good to see some product knowledge on display.

And sorry Karen, it's not "very active"; it's a f***ing monster!

:)

(P.S. I don't suggest writing "it's a f***ing monster" on the invoices)

My yeast came wrapped in ice packs and then butchers paper with, "Two pieces of cod and large chips" written on it. :lol: :lol:

Batz said:
My yeast came wrapped in ice packs and then butchers paper with, "Two pieces of cod and large chips" written on it. :lol: :lol:
The only minor complaint I have is my ice pack came wrapped but the yeast (or cod) wasn't in it! Not too concerned as it was only overnight.

Back