National Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forever Wort said:
I visited the NHB site earlier today after seeing one of HBHB's posts in another thread. I found the site user-friendly and the postage calculator up-front and quick. However, it was also incorrect. The calculator estimated me $6.10 for courier shipping on a $30 order, but after receiving my email receipt I was actually charged $15.35!

I am a novice brewer on the look-out for a regular online homebrew supplies store that will provide personable service and decent prices. I was disappointed by the shock of being told I was only to be charged $6.10, but being then charged $15.35.
Send Martin a PM. As stated its a new website and he would appreciate the feedback.

I visited the NHB site earlier today after seeing one of HBHB's posts in another thread. I found the site user-friendly and the postage calculator up-front and quick. However, it was also incorrect. The calculator estimated me $6.10 for courier shipping on a $30 order, but after receiving my email receipt I was actually charged $15.35!

I am a novice brewer on the look-out for a regular online homebrew supplies store that will provide personable service and decent prices. I was disappointed by the shock of being told I was only to be charged $6.10, but being then charged $15.35.
Hi Luke, thanks for the heads up. Tried to call your mobile this morning and have sent an email to make it right. despite all the testing of the system, apparently an occasional glitch is showing up.

Will try again shortly so we can resolve the problem.

Regards,
Martin

Good to speak with you this morning Luke,

A couple of issues have been identified by duplicating a set freight scenario and our tech's are working hard along with Fastways for their API to ensure it's resolved as a matter of priority.

I can't overstate the importance we place on such feedback from any issues that may arise, especially as we manoeuvre through these first few weeks of running new systems. It's greatly appreciated.

Martin

Let it be known that the bug I encountered has been identified and I have been well looked after by National Homebrew with great customer service and quick results.

I am proud to support NHB and will definitely be placing my next order with them.

Dropped into the shop, very quick visit unfortunately. Nice looking place, heaps of gear and found some sausage funnels I have been searching for. Great service. Pity I couldn't hang around for a chat.

Cheers

I'll be stopping by next time I'm in town as well, best of luck with the new venture Martin.

I'm tempted to buy one of your stir plates, I have a nice home made jobbie but often need two.

Batz

Thanks gentlemen.

Tech's felt they were on top of the aforementioned issues this afternoon and were putting in a solid session. Just have to wait and see if the fastways side of the issue is fixed.

If there's any issues arise over the weekend, we'll get them sorted and process shipping manually our side.

Thanks all for the support.

Martin

Update on the freight calculation bugs that were identified late last week:

IT team have identified and fixed the bug that occurred on our system and have identified that the Fastway couriers API is next to useless, so we've coughed to have our own program written that will make up for their systems shortfalls with calculating for all dockets and satchels instantly. This will ultimately lead to a higher reliability in knowing freight calculations are correct.

Thanks to all for their support & understanding in these trials.

Currently away from the shop getting over the first onset of Ross River Virus & appreciating an excellent team.

Martin

DU99 said:
is there going to be a return to shopping button in the cart area
DU99, you can return to shopping by using any of the navigation menu's down the left hand side or top menu bars to choose which specific section & subsection, right down to the specific brand you wish to land in and retain the contents of the cart, which will accumulate. But, if you feel the need for a return to shopping to the last place/section/subsection you picked from, I can have the tech's look at it.

Appreciate the feedback.

Martin

OK, updates on those earlier mentioned shopping cart issues and errors that were reported.

We've had programmers working on these issues on and off for the last 2 days. They've written a new component into the cart/freight calculator that is fully inclusive of all options for fastway couriers with labels and national satchels, plus udated a few other bits and pieces with some fine tuning. Both the techs and our own testing has performed faultlessly, but since Murphy still rules supreme in the best laid plans, please let us know if you're not sure on any shipping calculations and we'll do a manual calculation.

Will post an update on hops which are back in stock shortly.

Martin

How TF do you pay??

I made an order and checked out... got a confirmation email about my order but am still yet to pay!

Confusion afoot.

Next order will be through you guys Martin, $11 couriered to my door! It costs me more than that to go see Ross! (And great prices too)

Agreed. My order arrived today and I'm dying to get brewing.

One question Martin - can you buy the light wheat spray malts through the online store? I can't seem to find them or other kit converters.

Great grain prices. I'll be ordering soon. Good job Martin.

Cocko said:
How TF do you pay??

I made an order and checked out... got a confirmation email about my order but am still yet to pay!

Confusion afoot.
Cocko, you should have received an email to say your order is pending manual freight calculation. Your freight will be calculated manually due to combined packaging. Allows us to combine multiple items into a cheaper format for shipping. The reprogramming for the shipping calculator is working well with these so far and can work out to be less than 1/3 the freight by doing it this way. Will sort through the manual ones today and an email will come through with best price we can arrange. Hope this makes sense.

Forever Wort said:
Agreed. My order arrived today and I'm dying to get brewing.

One question Martin - can you buy the light wheat spray malts through the online store? I can't seem to find them or other kit converters.
There's about 30 different blends and LDME's to still be loaded mate. They'll be on there progressively over the next few weeks as Cheryl gets a chance to do it (less stuff ups if she does them :D ) There will be some good stuff amongst it for the extract guys to dabble with. Forever Wort, you'll love that wheatbeer.

Martin

Back