National Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaypes

It is, a nice!
Reaction score
I noticed we have a new site sponsor.

Has anyone bought off them as yet?

Where abouts are they located?

I also noticed the new site sposor.

I have not bought off them yet.

They are located at the top of the page with the other sponsors.

"Dundowran Investments Pty Ltd T/as Hervey Bay Home Brew (ABN 30944161934)"

That'll give you enough to go on with Google if you really care.

From just a quick look their grain and hop prices seem very competitive! Especially for people not buying in bulk.

Morning all,

That would be us. National Home Brew is the National branding of Hervey Bay Home Brew.

I wasn't expecting the sponsors banner to go up until after the weekend.

We're happy to be able to provide some support and sponsorship for the best Home Brewer's Forum out there.

Cheers,
Martin

Searched all over the site and cannot find shipping information.
Many would prefer this info to be upfront without having to create an account or to have to log in...

NewtownClown said:
Searched all over the site and cannot find shipping information.
Many would prefer this info to be upfront without having to create an account or to have to log in...
We currently have contracts with Australia Post and Fastways Couriers that cover the majority of deliveries. We also have existing agreements and contracts with a few others that we have used for the last 3 years on a needs basis.

Not sure how we can be "upfront" and tell you how much an item will be to ship to anywhere in Australia without knowing what it is, how big it is or where it's going. ie a keggle delivered to Newtown will be different to a phosphoric sanitiser being delivered to Thursday Island.

Regards,
Martin

I signed up to try to find shipping information.. though it seemed it just wanted me to check-out.

More information, a put a couple of things in the shopping cart to find out the shipping info, but there was no shipping calc just a checkout button. Could just be a design issue, though to me it seems it wants me to purchase before knowing the shipping information.

Blitzer said:
I signed up to try to find shipping information.. though it seemed it just wanted me to check-out.

More information, a put a couple of things in the shopping cart to find out the shipping info, but there was no shipping calc just a checkout button. Could just be a design issue, though to me it seems it wants me to purchase before knowing the shipping information.
Will have the IT Crew check that out Blitzer. The entire site was custom made without using any kit style modules.

Thanks,
Martin

Thanks for the valuable feedback guys.

The IT Crew are working on it now and hope to have it sorted today some time.

Thankfully, they most of them brew. :)

Martin

Wyeast prices are good, do you guys offer ice packs for shipments on liquid yeasts?

jaypes said:
Wyeast prices are good, do you guys offer ice packs for shipments on liquid yeasts?
We won't ship them without icepacks.

Wyeast stocks can be limited at times though. We do several orders a year and prefer to roll through the stock asap according to demand, which we can never really accurately predict.

If it's out of stock, it'll disappear off the website so the site isn't cluttered with stock that isn't currently available.

Cheers,
Martin

That's what I meant by upfront,
A shipping calculator within the shopping cart.
I am aware of the, obvious, difference between shipping starsan to Thursday Island as opposed to a keggle to Newtown.
Knowing the difference without having to create an account and go through the checkout process, as it is with most shopping sites, was my point (and Blitzer's)

NewtownClown said:
That's what I meant by upfront,
A shipping calculator within the shopping cart.
I am aware of the, obvious, difference between shipping starsan to Thursday Island as opposed to a keggle to Newtown.
Knowing the difference without having to create an account and go through the checkout process, as it is with most shopping sites, was my point (and Blitzer's)
Yep, and the feedback is appreciated.

The guys are re-working the layout and functionality of the cart so the shipping shows up at the earliest opportunity. Should have it sorted later today, pending testing I believe.

You wouldn't believe how many times we get the "how much to ship to the black stump" question without knowing what they want to ship.

Cheers,
Martin

Update:

Tech's have placed a shipping quick calculator into the cart once you click on the product.

Since we're dealing with a computer, unfortunately it can't think for itself. If you believe there's an issue with the calculation, drop me an email and we'll see what we can do with it manually. We also run stocks of fastways national satchels etc here as well as the usual docket system. Early days yet.

Regards,
Martin

I visited the NHB site earlier today after seeing one of HBHB's posts in another thread. I found the site user-friendly and the postage calculator up-front and quick. However, it was also incorrect. The calculator estimated me $6.10 for courier shipping on a $30 order, but after receiving my email receipt I was actually charged $15.35!

I am a novice brewer on the look-out for a regular online homebrew supplies store that will provide personable service and decent prices. I was disappointed by the shock of being told I was only to be charged $6.10, but being then charged $15.35.

Latest posts

Back