Nanny State

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Quote from the article

Jack Law, chief executive of Alcohol Focus Scotland, said of the new Nanny State beer: "This is a positive move which proves that low strength doesn't compromise quality.

"However the name of the beer proves that once again this company is failing to acknowledge the seriousness of the alcohol problem facing Scotland."

Curious, for a country synonymous with whisky around 38-40%ABV :lol:

They've come a long way since Adam Smith described the 'wholesome and invigorating liquors of beer and ale' enjoyed by the common man.

Ahhh, Brewdog are awesome. Sticking it to the man again! If it makes it across the equator. im sure i'll buy one!

Nanny State is described as a "mild imperial ale containing more hops per barrel than any other beer ever brewed in the UK".

Not sure about down south, but have seen Brew Dog beers up in Brisbane.

Not the Nanny Stae or How to Disappear Comepletely either...but a few others around the place.

Kev

Not sure about down south, but have seen Brew Dog beers up in Brisbane.
Not the Nanny Stae or How to Disappear Comepletely either...but a few others around the place.
Kev

Yeah i can get their beers at Purvis Cellars, thats not an issue, usually 2-3 of their beers are available at any given time. Interesting if NannyState makes it down here.

Doubt it, Fourstar. From the article:
"It is being made available in limited quantities online for 2.49."

Had a quick look at the site and it says they will mail "outwith" the UK (whatever that means) but not sure if that means they'd send it here or not.

Doubt it, Fourstar. From the article:
"It is being made available in limited quantities online for 2.49."
Had a quick look at the site and it says they will mail "outwith" the UK (whatever that means) but not sure if that means they'd send it here or not.

Lets just hope an aussie whoelsaler picks some up then ;)

I won a six pack of Brew Dog Punk IPA at a BABBs meeting in February and it's a bloody spectacular drop, I'm not normally a hop head but this stuff is like going on a head trip to Kent for the evening :icon_chickcheers:

UK, the Nanny State and the Surveillance Society. Big Brother is alive and well but from what I gather from the media it hasn't done one little thing for crime statistics, loutism etc. If you've ever seen the rather challenging film "Children of Men" the UK seems to be getting more like that every year.

Ex Pom.

The saddest thing of all is that generally you can tell what will happen in Australia in 10-15 years by looking at what's happening in the UK now...

The saddest thing of all is that generally you can tell what will happen in Australia in 10-15 years by looking at what's happening in the UK now...
:icon_offtopic: rant: Except that Australians still don't know how to negotiate roundabouts - most wouldn't have a bloody clue "signal left because the car is wobbling to the left, then signal right because the car is wobbling to the right then do a left peel off the roundabout without even signalling".

The other day I was greeted by the amazing sight of a stupid 50s something woman in a Kluger going the wrong way round this roundabout on Bribie which as you can see is no minor little back street job. Never a cop around when you need one.

bribie_roundabout.JPG

:icon_offtopic: rant: Except that Australians still don't know how to negotiate roundabouts - most wouldn't have a bloody clue "signal left because the car is wobbling to the left, then signal right because the car is wobbling to the right then do a left peel off the roundabout without even signalling".

The other day I was greeted by the amazing sight of a stupid 50s something woman in a Kluger going the wrong way round this roundabout on Bribie which as you can see is no minor little back street job. Never a cop around when you need one.

View attachment 31443

I buy Brew Dog beers whenever I see them just to help em "stick it to the establishment" :lol:

As for the above, here in Gympie lots of drivers stop at the roundabout, waiting for cars approaching on the right entry :angry:
"That's cos ya gotta give right of way on the roundabout mate" :blink:

Bloody frustrating, still I did move here for the slow life.

Screwy

Great interview on the Brewing Network with Brewdog's brewer & director here.

Cheers,
smudge

View attachment 31443

It seems every second time I've been to Bribie I've seen that :rolleyes: . Maybe something to do with being Gods Waiting Room, it pays to be careful particulary on the one near to the bridge.

Oz and James Drink to Britain Episode 3 (20th Jan 2009 )

Brew Dog beers brewed up the coast from Aberdeen and sampled on a park bench in Edinburgh.

James Watt (the director guy) is a top bloke. He invited me to the launch of their first mass produced black lager - Zeitgeist. I got properly smashed on the stuff. He is pretty devoted to the cause and has brewdog tattooed on his arm.

James Watt (the director guy) is a top bloke. He invited me to the launch of their first mass produced black lager - Zeitgeist. I got properly smashed on the stuff. He is pretty devoted to the cause and has brewdog tattooed on his arm.

Surprised they don't ONLY make lager the temperature in Fraserburgh hardly ever gets warm enough to brew ales :blink:

it just shows that wanker p.c types want to rule the world :icon_chickcheers:

Latest posts

Back