Name your Brew?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SergeMarx

Reaction score
So we've got the brewery name thread, but are your best brew names? I expect puns and inuendo folks.

So far I've named three:

Femelle Claque! - a Belgian Dark Strong (thanks to a good cartooning mate for the label :)

Crystal Method - an ESB

and

"Bring on Ze Dubbel" - which is obviously, a dubbel

femelle.JPG

Dubbel Dutch. A Belgian with salted licorice.
Ella & Louis. An american brown ale with Ella hops.
DIS Track. A dry irish stout.

'Old Spice Dark Ale' - A cinnamon and vanilla Dark Ale made for my old man.
'Four Seas APA' - An American Pale with four 'C' name hops in it.
'Tight-Ass Vics Secret Ale' - my experiment in making a delicious ale with the cheapest possible ingredients and single hopped with Vic Secret.

Monty Python Flying Circus Australian Sparking Ale named "Bruce"

I made a Wheat Beer that was meant to be a bit Hoegarden-ish. But I used EKG hops which are more english than belgium ish.
I mentioned it was a "tarted up english Hoegarden" so it ended up being called the Slutty English Ho'

My next is #28...... currently drinking # 24 :ph34r: (otherwise known as Bettys Birthday Ale)

G.

Have got an APA with Willamette hops for the Hobart Brewers Pale ale comp, "Glenn's Pale Willy".
And a single malt/single hop with fuggles called "I'll Fugg'n Smash Ya", thinking a nice flanny background should set it off nicely.

Riot Act Porter, Young is the first place the riot act was used in Australia during the gold rush caused by Riots between Australian and Chinese miners.
Gold rush Ale follows the same sort of theme.

Tailgunner Ale named for my Bombardier clone.

One-eyed sailor IPA

Always name my brews after what ever the wife is watching on TV.

It has awesome beer names.

Meredith Gray Pale Ale - Greys Anatomy
Lime Infused Mexican Phil - The Amazing Race (the Host's name is Phil)
McCauley Caulken Pale Ale - Home Alone
The Hoff Stout
Strictly Pale Ale - Strictly Ballroom
Burt Reynolds Lager
Stewies Stout
Ultimate Wingman - Hamish & Andy in the USA
Hercules Cider
Daisy Duke

And the List goes on

I have got this Rambler's -theme going and the next one will be Rambler's Cracked Heel Bitter.

Well, my sig has the names of my current brews, but I'll explain the names of a few of them.

Totally Addicted to Base was an experiment where I decided to make a beer using four different base malts (Pale, Maris Otter, Mild and Golden Promise for those who are interested). When the name popped into my head- of course a joke playing with the song Totally Addicted to Bass- I knew I had to make it.

The Dryyyy Cracker Stout is a dry stout, and I named it after the slogan used by the cracker factory Milhouse's dad (Kirk) works at in The Simpsons. I decided that my friends are big enough Simpsons nerds to get the joke without the explanation.

Spider IIPA is named so because I had to clear some spider webs off some of my equipment as I hadn't used it for a few months.

I have kegged a golden ale (waiting for a tap to become available) which I named Meme Ale. The recipe is Dr Smurto's famous recipe, and thus the recipe is a meme by the standard definition of 'an idea or joke that's understood by a given group, and continued'.

I'm fermenting a Munich Helles called Helles on Earth, because I thought it sounded good.

Those are the most interesting recent ones.

On the lash pale ale, 150 lashes clone...

Shitty car faux lager, car broke on the way to work so after I got towed I went home and made some beer.

Shoddy ThermoStout. Name speaks for itself. Turned out well considering.

Van Damme Tripel Play (Belgian Tripel only 2 bottles left :()
Testicular APA (APA which suffered an unfortunate testicle viewing during southside brew day)
Weizen up Duncan (dunkel weizen named after my brother Duncan)
Hulk Smash Citra (BB Ale + Citra Smash)

Pride Of The Galaxy Ale - hopped with POR and Galaxy

Plan C Ale - same recipe as above but when I went to weigh out the Galaxy addition I was out, so I thought I'd use Nelson Sauvin instead and got the pack out and left on the keg fridge. I went inside to get something and when I came back the NS was gone. To this day I haven't found it. Went back to the hop freezer and grabbed some Cascade. So Plan C it was.

Other than that I just use our property name (Brookvale, I'm a Manly supporter) or the road that runs past in the name:
Brookvale Blonde, Parkes Road Porter etc

One of my mates names his brews after his ex girlfriends, saying they all go down well

http://youtu.be/oeMwHZrUbVA

Latest posts

Back