My New Rig

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodmac66

Reaction score
Finally finished my AG setup and will pick up my 50 litre SS Mash Tun from Wayne @ Beerbelly tomorrow .
Saturday will be the big day for my first AG a Siera Navada Pale Ale.
I Brewed Andrews Pale recipe that I converted to an extract last Weekend @ full boil volume to get a feel for heating Times for my HLT and the boil loss of my wort.
Something I did as the Mash Tun wasn't quite ready.
It turned out a really Beneficial excercise as i was able to really focus on part of the process instead of the whole thing including Pumping through the Chill Plate whirlpooling and get afeel for the speed of the wort through the chiller .
Identified little things that needed fixing also, hit my boil volume smack on and ended up 40 Litres @ 1043. ( I was wrapped)
Everything went like a dream.
All this will hopefully make Saturday run a bit smoother.
I would really encourage newbies like me to do this with a new rig.
Thanks to this site Wayne @ Beerbelly and forum member KHB who has let me join him in a couple of Brews at his place, these guys have been great help to me putting it all together and putting up with my dumb questions ........Thanks heaps guys for the patience..
Waynes work is just awesome and us guys in Adelaide are so lucky to be ale to have him on our doorstep.
Look forward to any feedback on how I can improve my setup although I have stolen a few of Waynes Ideas like the filtered water on the Rig.
I have set the Tempmate up so I can plug a fridge in the back and run another fermenter fridge if I want.
Although i can keep the room I have built in my shed at whatever temperature I want with a little airconditioner.
I look forward to sharing a bit more on the site as I progress as up until now I have been absorbing as much as I can from the site to get myself setup.
What an awesome hobby ! ( "Thanks heaps everyone")

Woody

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

Well done Woody! Totally kick ass set up :beerbang:
Much better than BIAB hey? :ph34r:
Good luck Saturday!

Bowie

Cheers guys wanted to wait until the Mash Tun took prize position but couldn't wait.
Mate i have been working on this for a while....
if I make shit beer now ...no excuses.

DSCF0175.jpg

DSCF0172.jpg

Congrats! Enjoy the new setup, those Beer Belly MT's are very nice indeed.

very nice, I like the thermometer on the heat exchanger, takes the guesswork out. Whats the top input on the kettle for? doing the whirlpool with the pump?

very nice, I like the thermometer on the heat exchanger, takes the guesswork out. Whats the top input on the kettle for? doing the whirlpool with the pump?

Cheers Glaab, yes I added the Whirlpool at the last minute.
I wasn't going to but thought I had come this far....may as well.

Good effort Woodmac it will make your brew day easier. Making a brew rig is an enjoyable challenge especially when you get to drink the end result. Much better than playing golf I reckon.

Cheers

:icon_chickcheers:

Tel Tru.... smart man *taps side of nose with finger*

Very nice. You just need to get Wayne to knock up a bigger sink for you to fit your vessels for cleaning. :icon_cheers:
Cheers
Steve

Dressing your MT up in her lovely new skin tight black dress Woody, try to be nice to her on the wedding night eh.....(BUTTERS!!! STOP SNIFFING THE CONTACT ADHESIVE!!! NO!!! BAD DWARF!!)

Cheers guys ..
Just make sure Butters makes sure she stays a Virgin until the big night....
I love that Black Wedding Dress it makes her look Stunning..
The sink in the Piccy isn't setup yet butI am contemplating a bigger one. ... Having said that the Pot does fit in it just.

Cheers guys ..
Just make sure Butters makes sure she stays a Virgin until the big night....
I love that Black Wedding Dress it makes her look Stunning..
The sink in the Piccy isn't setup yet butI am contemplating a bigger one. ... Having said that the Pot does fit in it just.

woody can you give us a rough estimate as to what the setup cost would be for a rig like that.
cheers
fergi

Looks great mate, cant wait to come round and watch a beer come out of it!!

Cheers
KHB

its so eqasy to spot waynes work from a mile away. things of beauty. v nice set up there. now get it dirty!

:icon_drool2:

Good work Woody.... even if your names not woody, I understand why you would end a post of those pics with 'Woody'!! HAHA!

ive got to get me a control box to control my hlt and pump.

Latest posts

Back