My Munich Beers

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Never did find any weihenstephaner and they didn't responsd to my email but I did see this in a toy shop today

IMG_0957.jpg

That's a toy brewery wagon and beer glasses holding up the bavarian flags.

After visiting the toy shop we wandered down the main street of Munich, the sort of Rundle Mall, because I wanted a really kitsch bottle opener to give HWMBO's family to open my beer at xmas. they were using the bbq multi tool last year.
I found a lederhosen stein one .. but HWMBO told me I couldn't have it because I might find something more kitsch further on. Come on! What could be more kitsch than a lederhosen stein bottle opener??
It even has a magnet on the back! I did find a dirndl one as well. Its pretty hard to call which one is more beautiful!

26950-thumb.jpg

9114.jpg

but then I found a fairly nice edelweiss one .. so I guess I'll be safe and get that.

when I was in any cafe eating, I was sinking Paulaner like an absolute demon.

if you get home sick (why on earth would you?) there's a Bondi pub not too far from Marienplatz. We watched the rugby league grand final there.

when I was in any cafe eating, I was sinking Paulaner like an absolute demon.

if you get home sick (why on earth would you?) there's a Bondi pub not too far from Marienplatz. We watched the rugby league grand final there.
Hahaha I remember going there! Lots of Aussie paraphanilia(sp?) everywhere. The toilets probably confuse most overseas folks too...Blokes and Shelias I think they were signed?
I was too set in my ways to settle for an Aussie beer, so I had a Kulmbacher Hefeweizen, but they seemed to have plenty of Aussie beers. :p

So this week we are onto dunkels ... weiss and otherwise and a schwarzbier snuck in there. I am sooo methodical. :)

gallery_3596_331_12598.jpg

Here is HWMBO's ranking thusfar ...
gallery_3596_331_9134.jpg

I think he's lost track of everything's he's drunk so far. :) We should have kept notes.

Oh and the rank goes right (yummiest) to left. He's left handed. :)

Mmmmmmmmmmm Schneider Aventinus, only just discovered this big gem what a beer truly liquid of the gods.

Try to get some Dachsbru Weizenbock...

A small brewery southwest (I think) from Munich.

WJ

PS The Andechs always tastes better when consumed in one of their beer gardens at the monastery. Cheap too. About 5,30 per litre.

Thought these sparrows were rather cute!

Oktoberfest tomorrow! Hurrah! Dirndls parades beer beer and gingerbread love hearts.

gallery_3596_331_9224.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmm Schneider Aventinus, only just discovered this big gem what a beer truly liquid of the gods.
MMmmmmmm.... in total agreement! I gathered up as many bottle as I could afford when I found dozens of them in the First Choice Mansfield's clearance barrel. They age well too!

braufrau, did you visit the Schneider brewhaus?

MMmmmmmm.... in total agreement! I gathered up as many bottle as I could afford when I found dozens of them in the First Choice Mansfield's clearance barrel. They age well too!

braufrau, did you visit the Schneider brewhaus?

I haven't been to any breweries! Boo hoo! I'd like to go on a tour of a brewery but I'm encumbered with a little pixie.
Grumble mumble! The tours are only on on weekdays.

Meanwhile ... HWMBO goes hiking across the bavarian alps and goes to the tegernsee braustrubel which he didn't even realise was a brewery until he got home and I told him and next week he off to oktoberfest with his work colleagues!
This is the second grumble I've had abuot HWMBO in as many weeks on this forum! I think we need some counselling! :)

But good point ... I'm gonna miss out .. better start working on him so I get what I want. :)

Time to go home! (via london) and the final line up is ...
gallery_3596_331_6112.jpg

and the top 6 are ...
gallery_3596_331_52188.jpg

HWMBO has decided he likes dunkel weissbiers.

Back