My brew controller box

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got an ssr stc combo. Just rigged it up since I went to a 3600w element. Works fine. They struggle with 10 Amps without melting.

Biggest problem I see is the keg King element. Grab a 5 star, I almost lost a batch and skin to a keg King recently

Its probably not much more to get a 40A SSR and it will give you some headspace, which seems to be common practise with the cheaper SSRs out of china.

Fylp said:
Biggest problem I see is the keg King element. Grab a 5 star, I almost lost a batch and skin to a keg King recently
Was it one of the new design KK elements? I thought they'd Ironed out a lot of the wrinkles from the original model?

Benn said:
Was it one of the new design KK elements? I thought they'd Ironed out a lot of the wrinkles from the original model?
It was an old one rewired by I genius sparky. He then re-inspected it and told me the original insulation melted and somehow bridged the connection, causing it to blow. The stuff was dripping out when it blew. I'll never touch one again.

I found the KK element thread, I'm up to page 5,
Fukettyfukfuk...I wonder if they'll let me swap it for other stuff in store:)

Back