Muther Of All Brew Days

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GMK,
A quick google and a while later I find this recipe. :lol: :lol:

Arrogant Bitch Ale (5 Gallons)

This recipe is nice for all those who like Arrogant ******* Ale with a little sweetness. This wonderful brew possesses myriad great flavors, from an initial malt bite to a wonderful hop aftertaste, coupled with the sweetness of honey. Give this recipe a try today!

6 Pounds Pale Malt Extract
1 Pound Belgian Special-B Malt Grain
Pound Belgian CaraVienne Malt Grain
Pound Belgian CaraMunich Malt Grain
Pound Belgian Biscuit Malt Grain
Pound Red Wheat Malt Grain
Pound Cara-Pils Malt Grain
1 Pound Honey
2 Ounces Centennial Hops (Bittering)
2 Ounces Columbus Hops (Flavoring)
1 Ounce Cascade Hops (Aroma)
1 Teaspoon Irish Moss
1 Vial White Labs California Ale Yeast (WLP001) or
White Labs Edinburgh Ale Yeast (WLP028) or
White Labs British Ale Yeast (WLP005)
1 Cup Corn Sugar (Priming)

OG: 1.058

METHOD:
Place crushed Grains in water and steep at 155 degrees for 30 minutes. Remove spent grains and add Malt Extract, Honey and Bittering Hops. Boil for 1 hour, adding the Flavoring Hops 40 minutes into the boil. Add Irish Moss last 5 minutes of the boil. Add Aroma Hops in the last 2 minutes of the boil. Cool wort and pitch yeast. Primary-ferment in a 6.5 gallon glass carboy at 68 to 73 degrees for 5 to 7 days. Transfer to secondary fermenter. Secondary-ferment in a 5 gallon glass carboy an additional 7 to 10 days at temperatures between 68 and 73 degrees. Bottle, using corn sugar. Age in bottle for 30 days.

here is the site

http://www.brewmaxer.com/beers/arrogant_bitch.html

cheers

Recovered yet Doc? :blink:
Top work, now it must be my turn I don't want to be out down although I don't see myself painting much unless its the floor with wort because iam too drunk by the end of the third brew. :chug:

I bet you look forward now to the Muther of all drinking days is when the three are ready. :p

Jayse

Yeah, feeling pretty good. Although it was another early start today as I visited Craig Decon this morning to get another keg.
Arms and hands are a little weary, but a lot of that is from the painting I think.
Am definitely looking forward to tucking into the AB and of course your Demon Ale. The 1100 litre freezer looks pretty impressive with four full fermenters, four yeast starters and a couple of dozen long necks. Then there is the lager fridge with another full fermenter and a full keg.
By tonight the entire cavity will be flooded with CO2 as well as fermentation really starts to kick in.
The smoked malt (hoefner) I used in the Smoked Dunkelweizen smelt really good. Went for just a hint in this batch as it is the first time I've used it. Looking forward to that one too.
What am I saying. I'm looking forward to all the beers :D

So this weekend is a long weekend. If I keg one of the ales I might brew a single AG beer Sat or Sun. That would make for five AG batches in a week
B)

I pass the baton to use Jayse.

Doc

Doc, if it wasn't there already, you have just raised your status in the brewing community to LEGEND. Congratulations on your successful brewday. I just wish I lived near you, because you're sure going to need a lot of help drinking all that beer! ;)

Cheers - Snow

Fermenters arrived today. Were waiting for me when I got home.
Thanks Dundoon1. Now I can brew again this weekend :p

Doc

Got to agree with Snow Doc,
That is Legendary brewing. I'm having trouble brewing one extract brew on a given day.
Going to attempt the Arrogant Bitch Ale maybe? :lol: :lol: :lol:

cheers

Awesome. Simply Awesome. Gives us young whipper snappers something to aspire to.

I am soooo lookiong forward to getting number 1 under my belt, but it seems that is going to take forever.

Again, awesome work Doc.

I thought the Smoked Dunkelweizen had already reached high krausen this morning. But when I came home tonight.........

Doc

SmokedDunkelWeizen_001.jpg

and a closeup.
Had blown the airlock off the top.

Doc

SmokedDunkelWeizen_003.jpg

My wife and son are away again for a few days and the plan was for another Muther of all brewdays.
Unfortunately work committments won't allow for a Muther of all brewdays, so I'm doing Muther brew nights.
As per a different post I brewed a RyeIPA last night. Am going to brew my Oktoberfest tonight and hopefully I can get away early tomorrow and will be brewing a large Oatmeal Stout and a Weisse.
So that will be four AG brews in three nights.

Of course to keep the standard of multi-tasking up there (I painted the pantry last time), this time I'm also painting the kitchen and finishing my keg freezer conversion. I got the kitchen all prepared last night (patching cement and taped) so will be ready for the first coat tonight. The keg freezer has made it inside last night. Will be finishing the top for it making it ready for the font which should be here next week.

Beers,
Doc

The second night brew is all done. Doc's Liver Addiction Oktoberfest is in the fermenter and I'm all cleaned up ready for tomorrows brew.
First coat of paint on the kitchen and all is looking good.
Tomorrows brew is Breakfast of Champions (an Imperial Oatmeal Stout). Put together the grain bill tonight and it looked like museli with Flaked Barlery, Rolled Oats, CaraAroma, CaraPils, Trad Ale Malt etc.
Looked even more like museli after going through the grain mill. Then again it could also look like a horses feed bag :p

Doc

Big Brew Week 2005

Yep, it's that week again, and time of the year again.
Shipped the wife, kids and grandma off to Brisbane on the plane this morning. The mash on the first brew of the day is already 60mins into it and looking strong.
The plan this year is to fill every fermenter and paint the lounge room. I stocked up from Gerard a week or so ago, and have had the stir plates on 36 hour rotations. It is all go.

Brewed the HourGlassIPA yesterday, brewing a Creamy Ale right now and this arvo will be a Bier de Garde. Unfortunately a tripple AG day will be out of the question this year as my equipment setup has changed drastically in the last 12months and just won't allow the same time of brew overlap as before. On the plus side most of the batch will be 40 litres rather than 23 anyway, so it is all good.

Better go and start prepping the walls and clearing out the lounge room.

Beers,
Doc

Your a glutton for punishment Doc

Good luck to ya ! :super:

Batz

jeez doc give us a break will you,if my missus comes on the computer and reads all that painting crap while you are brewing she will be asking serious questions down here about my /her list of things needing done around the house,ive already got her believing that all the other guys in the land dont do half as much as i do,now you really are putting the pressure on,oh obviously you have a condition where you dont sleep,thats what ill tell her.yes thats the answer no worries now im glad i thought of that,
fergi

Mate you are a legend, it is enough for me to brew one partial brew in a day.

You are an inspiration!

The day is going well. The first brew (40 litres of Creamy Ale) is in the fermenters and yeast pitched. The Bier de Garde is sparging now.
The lounge has been cleared and I'm starting on prepping the walls.

Beers,
Doc

Brew 2 (Bier de Garde) has also hit the fermenter and yeast pitched.
Amost finished prepping the lounge for a lick of paint tomorrow.
Tomorrows brew is an Alt. Grain all crushed ready to go and the HLT on timer. Thank god this is the last large room left to be painted.

Doc

Another successful day.
Two coats of paint on the lounge room wall. 40 litres of Alt brewed.
Have decided to brew again tomorrow, so the grain is cracked and ready for an Oatmeal Stout. That will make 5 AG brews in 4 days, three of which have been 40 litre batches.
Will post a pic tomorrow night of the 1100 litre fermentation chest freezer at full capacity. The harmony from the airlocks is already awesome.

Doc

top stuff doc.the only draw back ive found from brewing over consecutive days is you run out of fermenters.then when next days off come around you cant brew until a fermenter or two frees up.at least down south you can get easy access to another fermenter at a hbs.

cheers
big d

Doc said:
Another successful day.
Two coats of paint on the lounge room wall. 40 litres of Alt brewed.
Have decided to brew again tomorrow, so the grain is cracked and ready for an Oatmeal Stout. That will make 5 AG brews in 4 days, three of which have been 40 litre batches.
Will post a pic tomorrow night of the 1100 litre fermentation chest freezer at full capacity. The harmony from the airlocks is already awesome.

Doc
[post="64281"][/post]​
I will think of you for inspiration when I am doing my extract stout on the weekend. :ph34r:

Latest posts

Back