Muther Of All Brew Days

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well done Doc,

I guess now that house is painted you might be able to enjoy your next years big Muther of a brew weekend :lol:

Waiting for the pics of the fermenter freezer - can you add sound :lol:

Cheers

Doc. Doing his bit for carbon dioxide production. B)

Top effort. :super:

Warren -

Yep, and it is smelling great out there two.
Just doughed in on the Oatmeal Stout, so it will complete this years big brew up.
Will post the pic of the fermentation freezer late this arvo.

Beers,
Doc

Doc,

If you can bang up some kind of CO2 scavenging unit you'll never have to bother buying any for a long time. :lol:

Picking you'd be struggling to light a match in your fermenting freezer.

Warren -

Here is a piccy from my phone camera (the missus has the digital with her).
You can see the Bier de Garde starting to climb out of the fermenter in the middle.

Image051.jpg

The two stir plates are going strong at the end on wort from the Alt and the Bier de Garde making new yeast from both those batches.

It smells and sounds fantastic.

Beers,
Doc

Ye gods Doc!

That fridge must be bloody huge. Your SWMBO must be very understanding. (Until the power bill comes) B)

Warren -

It actually doesn't seem to use a lot of juice as it isn't on all that often with it set to 18 deg.
Having said that I've just had to lower the temp as with that many active fermenters going the temp was getting up a little.

Beers,
Doc

It was duelling airlocks when I checked on everything this morning. Sounding and smelling great. Nothing like the smell of CO2 laden with hop aroma :lol:

The final tally was 5 AG brews in 4 days totalling 170 litres using 40 kg of grain and 614 grams of hops.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
The final tally was 5 AG brews in 4 days totalling 170 litres using 40 kg of grain and 614 grams of hops.

[post="64534"][/post]​

And one very healthy compost bin! :lol:

Warren -

Actually the grain goes in the Green garbo bin.
Luckily yesterday was collection day.
The garbo always takes longer to lift my green bin and empty it :lol:
One day the arse will probably fall out of the bin and leave a spent grain trail down the street :blink:

The hop sludge by the compost bin is smelling sweeeeet though.

Doc

Latest posts

Back