Murray's

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canon1ball

Reaction score
First pic's from Murray's opening day in Manly.
Arrived about 5.30pm, they were still flushing the beer lines, only Pilsner and Black on tap.
No complaints, Murray didn't charge. Anyhow the venue is running.
Can see us starting next years Pub Crawl here, brekkie on the balcony overlooking the water...

m_DSC_0338.jpg
Decals on taps without logos

m_DSC_0340.jpg
Murray and manager flushing the lines

m_DSC_0341.jpg
The dining area

m_DSC_0342.jpg
Still flushing

m_DSC_0344.jpg
The man himself

Pete

Looks good, wish I could have delayed my flight back here.

we were discussing this later int he day pete. could definitely be a goer.
ill be ther on wednesday hopefully

Bar taps look good? Any ideas if they are going to personalise the whole place a bit more? Kinds looks generic Sydney wood and stainless in there.....might be fitout from previous tenant?

Great news re: beer scene in Manly though!

Bar taps look good? Any ideas if they are going to personalise the whole place a bit more? Kinds looks generic Sydney wood and stainless in there.....might be fitout from previous tenant?

Great news re: beer scene in Manly though!

New design in 6 weeks, currently the old layout.
Missed it this arvo, was late out of the office.

Will be there all Sat arvo :icon_cheers:

I do remember, didn't think you were serious :unsure:!
Let me know about Wednesday when you know.
no we were quite serious about next year. ill let you know if i head over there.

Went and had dinner and drinks there last night.

Bloody fantastic beers as you'd expect and dinner was pretty good too; 3 course with accompanying beers.
Service was a bit so so but it was there opening day so I'm not holding grudges :)

The only major beers of theirs I'd never tried were the 2IPA and Imperial IPA and holy crap they are tasty.

I'm looking forward to them putting their own stamp on the venue as it's currently what was there when El Toro Loco was there and I'm hoping they can stick through the winter.

Well worth sitting by the bar having one of everything! :icon_cheers:

Yep, I was there last night for the opening too, the wife had a couple days off so we got a hotel and made a night of it.

I had had all but the imperials before; Sparticus, Wild Thing and Heart of Darkness and OMG loved them all. :)

Yes, it was the old fitout and I think some of the old staff and food as well, but it was nice.

Also had lunch at Hearts and afternoon tea at Four Pines, so yes Monday was a good day for me.

Don't know if I spoke to any of you guys, I was the legally blind bloke with the white stick.

Can't wait to get back there, but alas I live about 2 hours away.

Hopefully growlers and take aways are available next time.

Also had lunch at Hearts and afternoon tea at Four Pines, so yes Monday was a good day for me.

Don't know if I spoke to any of you guys, I was the legally blind bloke with the white stick.

Wow, a good day for you indeed!

Oh yeah I saw you at the bar; was having dinner at that stage myself.

I definitely think that bar is going to be my new local.

didnt make it as i picked up some casual work.
ill make it over there eventually.

not likely, in laws and vw show, so thats both days.
hopefully next week.

Latest posts

Back