Murrays Grand Cru In Stubbies Mmmmm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think up here in Qld we would have to perfrom fellatio to get it stocked!

Have you tried Warners schooey? I got some of the Murrays Pilsner there a few weeks back so I would think they would get the Grand Cru in. They do have the Grand Cru in the 750ml bottles.

Cheers

Thanks for the tip, nooch. I'll have a gander there tomorrow.

G'day fellas,

Glad you're enjoying the Grand Cru those of you that can find it. There was only a limited amount brewed and bottled in the 330ml bottles and it all went to Dan Murphy's. I honestly have no idea why some individual shops are stocking it and others aren't, especially it seems in QLD. We supply one Dan's distribution centre (in Melbourne atm but soon to be in Sydney) and they supply all their stores around the country from there. We have no control over it obviously, but that said there is absolutely no reason why one store in the chain shouldn't be able to get it compared to another store. Individual shop owners I guess. It seems really odd though that if a customer is chasing a beer that they range that they are refusing to get it in?? Sorry fellas, can't really shed any light but I'll ask and see what I can find out.

Thanks again,

Shawn.

G'day fellas,

Glad you're enjoying the Grand Cru those of you that can find it. There was only a limited amount brewed and bottled in the 330ml bottles and it all went to Dan Murphy's. I honestly have no idea why some individual shops are stocking it and others aren't, especially it seems in QLD. We supply one Dan's distribution centre (in Melbourne atm but soon to be in Sydney) and they supply all their stores around the country from there. We have no control over it obviously, but that said there is absolutely no reason why one store in the chain shouldn't be able to get it compared to another store. Individual shop owners I guess. It seems really odd though that if a customer is chasing a beer that they range that they are refusing to get it in?? Sorry fellas, can't really shed any light but I'll ask and see what I can find out.

Thanks again,

Shawn.

No dramas Shawn, having a relative that works for one of the "Big Two" Grocery, Petrol & Alcohol retailers I am aware that the main issues concerning those who manage these stores are maintaining costs & turnover. The desires of those of us whom perhaps are more enlightened than Joe average really dont rank.

Cheers

Paul

So for those lucky enough to have tried it, how does it compare to a Hoegaarden Grand Cru say?

cheers

Browndog

G'day fellas,

Thanks again,

Shawn.

Shaun,

I own a number of independant wine / beer stores in Melbourne that strive to support micros. On occasion we have found regular supply of your beers to be difficult to achieve and I have to say its pretty disappointing that for the 330ml bottling of Grand Cru Murrays chose to send it all to a supermarket retailer in DM. Is this the path Murrays will be heading down in the future for distribution?

Stewart
Cloudwine / Slow Beer

I bought and had to consume 750ml of it tonight by myself :rolleyes: from warners at the bay. the things we do

I bought and had to consume 750ml of it tonight by myself :rolleyes: from warners at the bay. the things we do

I had to stuggle through four of em myself tonight mate , its a hard life and for some reason i found myself struggling to get up out of my chair must of been something i ate. :p

Hope you didn't buy the last one, Brian :p

Not the last by a long shot. They also have 2IPA in 750's and 2 bottles of Anniversary ale. Plus there range of stubbies minus the Grand Cru

I had to stuggle through four of em myself tonight mate , its a hard life and for some reason i found myself struggling to get up out of my chair must of been something i ate. :p

i hope you are talking about 4 stubbies and not 4X 750ml, either way i'm sure it was somthing you ate. I would recommend not eating and defiantly dont try standing next time, get someone else to get your next 4 for you.

Wheredidyagetit??? A frustrated Winkle here :(

Shaun,

I own a number of independant wine / beer stores in Melbourne that strive to support micros. On occasion we have found regular supply of your beers to be difficult to achieve and I have to say its pretty disappointing that for the 330ml bottling of Grand Cru Murrays chose to send it all to a supermarket retailer in DM. Is this the path Murrays will be heading down in the future for distribution?

Stewart
Cloudwine / Slow Beer

Hi Stewart,

I'll keep this brief as we'd be much better conducting business off a public homebrewing forum as I'm sure you would appreciate. We had trouble with our original distributor in Melbourne. The less said the better. We now have a new distributor and would be very happy to supply your store if you are interested.

As for the Grand Cru in 330mls, we can only brew small batches of it and found it difficult to say no to a request for an entire batch in one hit. As you would be aware it is very tough for a small regional brewery to stay afloat in this business. We are brewing more seasonals and would love every independent store in the country to stock our beers. A straight up sale of an entire batch at once is however impossible to turn our backs on as I'm sure you would understand. It also gives us the potential to see our beers across the country - people are buying Murray's in Townsville, Perth and Adelaide - something we could not have achieved at this stage of our growth on our own.

If you have any more queries re:eek:btaining our products please contact me offline shawn AT murraysbrewingco.com.au or on 02 65642100.

Shawn.

Hi Stewart,

I'll keep this brief as we'd be much better conducting business off a public homebrewing forum as I'm sure you would appreciate. We had trouble with our original distributor in Melbourne. The less said the better. We now have a new distributor and would be very happy to supply your store if you are interested.

As for the Grand Cru in 330mls, we can only brew small batches of it and found it difficult to say no to a request for an entire batch in one hit. As you would be aware it is very tough for a small regional brewery to stay afloat in this business. We are brewing more seasonals and would love every independent store in the country to stock our beers. A straight up sale of an entire batch at once is however impossible to turn our backs on as I'm sure you would understand. It also gives us the potential to see our beers across the country - people are buying Murray's in Townsville, Perth and Adelaide - something we could not have achieved at this stage of our growth on our own.

If you have any more queries re:eek:btaining our products please contact me offline shawn AT murraysbrewingco.com.au or on 02 65642100.

Shawn.

Ta Shawn - appreciate the reply. I'll be speaking to BBD to Monday to re-order.

regards

Managed to pick up a couple of 4 packs from Dan Murphys at Greenhills tonight :D
They had about 2 cases worth left on display - tried to find out if they had more out the back but the helpful sales assistant must have got lost or run over by a forklift as he is yet to return to let me know :(

Also tried the new pilsner tonight - bloody lovely drop - well done guys. :beer:

Cheers,

Craig

Found them at Dans in East maitland in the Hunter Valley also. Same price.

Got 2 bottles to try.

Had one last night. Very nice beer, although not as "belgian" as i was expecting

mmmm might go have the second one now and watch some TV. and then a nice single malt on ice before bed.

outstanding!

cheers

Finally found some in Brisbane, Dan's at Holland Park, $16.99 a 4-pack.

Went in this morning (with all the other alco's) & bought the last 4 pack, only 4 singles left in the whole store!

Cheers
Paul

They were also at Dan's wooloongabba last week for any brisbanites chasing them.
Oh yeah, was just at drinx camp hill, they have the 2IPA, grand cru and anniversary ale in 750 bottles

Back