Murrays Grand Cru In Stubbies Mmmmm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found some this morning on the Gold Coast - Dan Murphey's Nerang. :D

About 12 bottles left.

Kev

have it at the Mermaid waters DM on the gold coast too. Only about 10/12 stubbs though.

Kev

Tried one of these today. Nice :icon_drool2: Also grabbed a 750 of La Chouffe and I would have to say I enjoyed the Murrays more so than the La Chouffe.
I do not know the proper terminology here but Murrays did have a bit more of a alchoholy taste(probably a bit much for me) but the flavour of the la Chouffe was a bit over bearing(perhaps the coriander, I don know).
Maybe I need to drink more of these Belgian types to break in the palette. :)

What I do know is the Murrays grand cru is a bloody good beer and I will be back to dans on the way home from work tommorrow to grab another 4pack if there is any left.

Also grabbed some Murrays pale ale but no carbonation :( bit disappointed by that. Anyone else had that?

Cheers Brad

So a quite a number of weeks back after seeing this thread and head off to my local Dan Murphys in search of the Grand Cru. I bump into one of the blokes working there in the beer section at the time and asked him if they were considering selling it, and he said he'd make an enquiry and took my details to give me a call once they got it in.

Long story short...
Murrays_002.jpg
...I couldn't help but buy a case. :icon_drunk:

Was kinda in the vicinity today picking up loftboy's case swap so I called in at Warners. They had the stubbies, though the fella there said they only managed to get a couple of cases and once its gone it's gorrrrrrrrrrrn. They will still keep the tallies though. Also bought a couple of stubbies of the porter and drank them tonight and I must say I'm mighty impressed with it. Grabbed a tallie of the 2IPA for a special occasion, looking forward to that one

So has the Murrays Porter made it to Dan Murphys yet?? Anyone?

So a quite a number of weeks back after seeing this thread and head off to my local Dan Murphys in search of the Grand Cru. I bump into one of the blokes working there in the beer section at the time and asked him if they were considering selling it, and he said he'd make an enquiry and took my details to give me a call once they got it in.

Long story short...
View attachment 19825
...I couldn't help but buy a case. :icon_drunk:

Damn you Muggus.

I have been able to find any around my area. Oh well.

So has the Murrays Porter made it to Dan Murphys yet?? Anyone?
I tried this at the Sydney Good Food and Wine Expo on the weekend. Very nice indeed. They had their bottled Pilsner there too.
I should've bought some from there because they weren't at Dans when I dropped in during the week.

Havent seen the Porter at Dans, & the Grand Cru is becoming scarce. Saw the Pils at another bottlo, I think

I tried this at the Sydney Good Food and Wine Expo on the weekend. Very nice indeed. They had their bottled Pilsner there too.
I should've bought some from there because they weren't at Dans when I dropped in during the week.

Thanks for the feedback on the new Porter fellas. It is brand spanking new - hasn't made it to Dan's yet but we tasted limited quantities at the Good Food and Wine Show. Graeme did the Sydney show and I did Melbourne. By the sounds of the numbers at the Sydney show I think I got the better deal! :lol: The 'Best Extra Porter' is 8% ABV and carbonated lower than our other beers to accentuate the chocolaty flavours and the 'winter warming' factor... Very happy with it. It will be available through Dan Murphy's in about 3 weeks time. There are a very few cartons that didn't get used at the Sydney Show that have made it to a few select bottlos in NSW - sounds like Warners at the Bay in Newie is one of them - thanks for that Schooey! The Pilsner is not yet on Dan Murphy's list. They are ranging our Sassy Blonde and Nirvana Pale Ale, as well as our seasonal releases. Hopefully they'll take the Pilsner as well soon but not as yet. It is available and through some good independent bottle shops. Our website should have a listing.

Hope that answers a couple of questions re: availability, and thanks again for the support guys,

Shawn.

Tried one of these today. Nice :icon_drool2: Also grabbed a 750 of La Chouffe and I would have to say I enjoyed the Murrays more so than the La Chouffe.
I do not know the proper terminology here but Murrays did have a bit more of a alchoholy taste(probably a bit much for me) but the flavour of the la Chouffe was a bit over bearing(perhaps the coriander, I don know).
Maybe I need to drink more of these Belgian types to break in the palette. :)

What I do know is the Murrays grand cru is a bloody good beer and I will be back to dans on the way home from work tommorrow to grab another 4pack if there is any left.

Also grabbed some Murrays pale ale but no carbonation :( bit disappointed by that. Anyone else had that?

Cheers Brad
I did have a bit of a whinge(and only a little comment, nothing over the top) about the Nirvana(1 bottle no carbonation) but I must say the guys at Murrays were straight on to it and really back their product up, with good cause too.
They made contact well within 24 hours and since then I have had quite a few packs from Dans and have not been dissapointed at all, what a great brewery-
my only dilema is the Grand Cru is hard to find and I can't decide which I like more, the Sassy Blonde or the Nirvana and then there is the pilsener.
What I do know is there is now a new spot in the beer fridge for murray.

Cheers Brad

Sitting back sucking down one of these puppies right now. :p

Cheers
Paul

If you come to BABB's this coming Thursday Perry, you could swing past the Holland Park Dan's and pick up some Grand Cru on the way there.

Thanks for the feedback on the new Porter fellas. It is brand spanking new - hasn't made it to Dan's yet but we tasted limited quantities at the Good Food and Wine Show. Graeme did the Sydney show and I did Melbourne. By the sounds of the numbers at the Sydney show I think I got the better deal! :lol: The 'Best Extra Porter' is 8% ABV and carbonated lower than our other beers to accentuate the chocolaty flavours and the 'winter warming' factor... Very happy with it. It will be available through Dan Murphy's in about 3 weeks time. There are a very few cartons that didn't get used at the Sydney Show that have made it to a few select bottlos in NSW - sounds like Warners at the Bay in Newie is one of them - thanks for that Schooey! The Pilsner is not yet on Dan Murphy's list. They are ranging our Sassy Blonde and Nirvana Pale Ale, as well as our seasonal releases. Hopefully they'll take the Pilsner as well soon but not as yet. It is available and through some good independent bottle shops. Our website should have a listing.

Hope that answers a couple of questions re: availability, and thanks again for the support guys,

Shawn.

Will the porter be available from my favourite family owned independant bottle shop that stocks the rest of your range or just Dan Murphys?

Hi Guys,

For the guys in Sydney i was in the new First Choice Liquoir store at North Rocks on saturday and the have an impressive selection of beer. I was talking to one of the guys and he was telling me they stock 850 different beers.

They had the full range of Murrays, Mountain Goat, Monteiths, Chimay, Leffe you name it they had it.

If you live close by it's worth a look.

Loch

DM Campbelltown has plenty of the Grand Cru, Pale Ale and Sassy Blonde.
Got a Grand Cru chilling in the freezer about to be destroyed :D .

Will the porter be available from my favourite family owned independant bottle shop that stocks the rest of your range or just Dan Murphys?

It will be available from your 'favourite family owned independent bottle shop that stocks the rest of our range' if you ask them to get it in. Alternately let me know offline which store and we can contact them to get them some.

Shawn.

I see the Grand Cru got a fairly favourable wrap by the guy in the weekend Newcastle Heral magazine on the weekend, Shawn. It seems the recognition of a job well done just keeps on coming. I hope you get some more stock to the locals here soon.... :D

Latest posts

Back