Murrays Grand Cru In Stubbies Mmmmm

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikem108

Reaction score
Look out for Murrays Grand Cru in stubbies, I got a four pack at Dans. was a very tasty after dinner Belgian experience. I didn't take notes but it did seem slightly different to the corked long necks, fresher perhaps....very nice beer

great news, im more inclined to buy it in small bottles actually.

had the new pilsner too and it is really excellent stuff. like the total opposite of little creatures pilsener.

Look out for Murrays Grand Cru in stubbies, I got a four pack at Dans. was a very tasty after dinner Belgian experience. I didn't take notes but it did seem slightly different to the corked long necks, fresher perhaps....very nice beer
I Demand a SAMPLE to prove you wrong. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I was underwhelmed by the grandcru. of the murrays big beers I tasted the 2IPA first and fell inlove with it. So when it came time to drinkin the belgian I had super high expectations. :(

Though it was still a purachasable beer(it just wasnt a 2ipa).

I was lucky enough to sample a stubby of Grand Cru that Shawn bought down for the HAG comp day, I thought it was sensational. I've been keeping my eye out but haven't seen it thus far at Dans or 1st choice. Time for anther visit....

Gonna have to keep an eye out for that! I'm a big fan of their Grand Cru...and everything else!
I was lucky enough to snag one of the corked 750ml bottles (and a 2IPA) in a local bottle'o a while back, but they no longer have it.

FFS! Just got back from my local Dan Murphy's looking for the Grand Cru & suprise suprise no stock. I asked the manager, who with a blank look wondered WTF I was talking about. Further follow up revealed that there was no such stock item listed in their inventory therefore no stock listed for Qld.
God I never realsied trying to support craft brewing would be so hard :angry:

Bugger.
I was looking forward to heading up and grabbing a few of those too.
No pilsner either?

Thanks for the feedback on the Grand Cru fellas. Very glad you like it.

The Dan Murphy's issue is a bit weird though. The beer should be available through their entire chain, nation wide. It inly reached their warehouse in Melbourne less than 14 days ago though, so maybe the bloke you spoke to had an out of date inventory? It should definitely be available through them at any Dan's store so keep bugging your local to get it if you're keen.

Thanks again,

Shawn. (Affiliated, brewer, blah blah...)

I found some at the Tuggerah Dan Murphys.
None on the shelf, I had to get them to scour the stockroom.

Nothing like the Grand Cru at the source, but uttely delicious. this is something that ill be sipping in front of the fire watching the footy.

Thanks for the feedback on the Grand Cru fellas. Very glad you like it.

The Dan Murphy's issue is a bit weird though. The beer should be available through their entire chain, nation wide. It inly reached their warehouse in Melbourne less than 14 days ago though, so maybe the bloke you spoke to had an out of date inventory? It should definitely be available through them at any Dan's store so keep bugging your local to get it if you're keen.

Thanks again,

Shawn. (Affiliated, brewer, blah blah...)

State of Origin - nothing allowed in or out of New South Wales until after next week :lol:

Looking forward to finding these in the Shellharbour DM store next week !

I have to say... the Grand Cru I bought over the weekend wend very nicely with the selection of fancy cheeses the missus surprised me with (Roquefort, Fourme D'Ambert and Gorgonzola). Very tasty.

Cheers
Dave

Nope, both Woolloongabba and Holland Park hadn't got any when I checked on Thursday.

I think it was about 16 or 17 for 4 330ml. the 8% alc probably made a nice excise contribution ...

after 2 phonecalls to my local Dan murphys i finally picked some up tonight! very impressed. not TOO expensive for what it is. 8.8% and as said 4x 330ml bottles.

definitly in my pick of best aussie beers :p

I asked them 2 weeks ago to get some in. they said the following week. still nothing that week so rang again and then they called me today to tell me it had come in. from what i saw they only had 1 or 2 cartons of it and i grabbed 8 bottles - $16 a 4 pack. definitly worth it. I might be one of the very few people in Adelaide to get to enjoy this one. Will have to save a bottle or two for my beer loving friends though!

I've continually tried to get the 1st Choice Liquor at Glendale to get some to no avail. They refuse to stock anything else but the APA and the Blonde. also tried Dan's at Maitland with no luck too :(

Back