Murray's Fire

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brownsworthy

Reaction score
Didn't realize that Murray's brewery had a fire 6 weeks ago which burnt down their bar, kitchen and souvenir shop.

The misses went up today to get some Christmas presents and was shocked that it was gone except for the outdoor areas and toilet block. They had a mobile kitchen of sorts and were still selling beers and souvenirs etc.

The misses was impressed that after 6 weeks they'd cleared everything and were able to have some sort of makeshift kitchen and shop up and running.

Kitchen and shop were running quite soon after the fire. Happened while I was in Adelaide at ANHC, so I can't be blamed.
Was up there at the brewery about 2 weekends afterward, helping make the Newcastle Show Comp winners's beer, and the kitchen and bar were already firmed up and running.

I recall being told that they already had the go-ahead from insurance and police to proceed with demolition/rebuild. Bigger, or at least better and more modern.
I think I should go out for a visit during my week off, this week, in between brew sessions.
Now, to get that noisy big-arse glass door fridge sorted out...

They had a wedding booked for the next day and instead of cancelling they bent over backwards to provide an outdoor service that the customers were very happy with.
That's some commitment right there.

They have some cracking beers, definitely deserves the extra effort they now have to put in after this unfortunate incident. Fred IPA is one of my favourite brews, keep it up Murrays!

Back