Muntons Premium Gold Yeast

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bttjn

Reaction score
I Have a packet of this yeast i plan on using with:
A can of Beermakers Lager
1kg dry wheat malt
POR Hops

Just wondering what the best fermentation temp would be? Their website says sprinkle dry yeast onto wort at 20'c, but doesn't mention anything else.
I actually have two packets of this yeast and since their only 6g sachets would their be any advantage to using both or just stick with one?

It depends! If the yeast supplied with the kit is a true lager strain (unlikely) then you should ferment at 9-12C. Otherwise assumes it's an ale yeast and 18-22 is fine. Pitching at 20-25C will do the trick.

For a 23L batch I would add both packets, 6g isn't quite enough and the wort will not ferment completely.

You could always go to your local HB shop and get a lager yeast, perhaps S-23 or 34/70 from Fermentis. They will produce a nice clean lager. Or Danstar Nottingham kept at about 14C will also produce a lager-esque beer (Kolsch effectively).

Muntons Premium Gold is an ale yeast, and of good quality.
18 to 20C will do just fine.

I have used muntons gold yeast a few times and I think being quite a simple brew one pack would to the job just fine, I've never had any probs with a can and 1kg of malt, so long as you keep it at 18-20

Cheers all.

The recipe recommended to use muntons gold yeast so I'll stick with that and see how it goes.

I have a cube of All Grain Oatmeal Stout that I intend to pitch with Munton's Premium Gold Yeast.

Problem is, I only have 1 heater pad and temp controller that is being used by a Belgian Abbey at the moment.

My spare room is around 18C during the day but drops 2 to 3 degrees through the night of late.

If I pitch this yeast as is at these ambient temperatures, will it ferment OK at the lower end of the temp range or is 15C too low for this kind of yeast.

I could wait for my temp control setup to be available, but to put it simply, I can not wait that long. I need fermented beer asap and lots of it!

I have a cube of All Grain Oatmeal Stout that I intend to pitch with Munton's Premium Gold Yeast.

Problem is, I only have 1 heater pad and temp controller that is being used by a Belgian Abbey at the moment.

My spare room is around 18C during the day but drops 2 to 3 degrees through the night of late.

If I pitch this yeast as is at these ambient temperatures, will it ferment OK at the lower end of the temp range or is 15C too low for this kind of yeast.

I could wait for my temp control setup to be available, but to put it simply, I can not wait that long. I need fermented beer asap and lots of it!

i think you will be fine, i always ferment with all different yeast and ferment temps get down to 8 degrees at night here and have never had a stuck ferment. 15C should make it quite nice actually.

Latest posts

Back