Munich In September

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newguy

To err is human, to arrr is pirate
Reaction score
I'm absolutely stoked - I finally went ahead and booked my dream trip to Germany. 2 days in Munich during Oktoberfest, 1 in Cologne, 1 in Dusseldorf, 2 in Brussels, and 1.5 in Amsterdam. I fully expect that I will require a liver transplant when I return but I'm looking forward to it nonetheless. Bringing along the wife to keep me out of trouble. I even sprang for German software (Rosetta Stone) so I don't look like a total retard to the locals - can't wait for that to arrive!

Wicked! sounds like a top adventure. once the little one is old enough (to stay home) I'm thinking of a very similar trip. Enjoy.

btw, I read the s/w thing as a song from Tool, and though HTF is that going to help you... then googled it...hahaha

Awesome! I was there last year and the Oktoberfest was everything I expected and more. Tip well and you will receive fantastic service.

Highly recommend having a meal at the Gaffel Kolsch place near the main train station in Cologne.

And the Cantillon Brewery tour in Brussels is very good too.

make sure you write up about it, would love to hear about what you see/recomend.

i'm going to be planning a cycling trip around that part of europe in a few years. i'm not a cyclist, but i think it would make for a great way to see it and stay fit after all the beer.

Definitely going to take a lot of pictures and will certainly furnish a full report once I'm home. Just booked a hotel in Munich yesterday - that certainly makes the trip seem more "real" now. Starting to look into beer tent tickets (approx $200 each - wow!) now. Have heard from a few people that tickets are a must and have heard from an equal number of different people that you don't need them. Luckily I have a cousin who lives in Munich so I have someone to answer all my stupid questions.

Definitely going to take a lot of pictures and will certainly furnish a full report once I'm home. Just booked a hotel in Munich yesterday - that certainly makes the trip seem more "real" now. Starting to look into beer tent tickets (approx $200 each - wow!) now. Have heard from a few people that tickets are a must and have heard from an equal number of different people that you don't need them. Luckily I have a cousin who lives in Munich so I have someone to answer all my stupid questions.

wtf is a beer tent ticket? I went to opening weekend last year and this is the first I've heard of it. Sure, you have to get there early to get served inside a tent in the first hour or two. But there's plenty of seats outside. I wandered into the Hofbrau tent to see the first keg get tapped. Then went back outside where we were sitting and was drinking my first beer within 5 minutes. It pays to tip well.

Well done You will love Munich I was at the Oky fest on the lost day in the AUgustiner tent with the Germans so it was good lucky my wife cousin who was with me speaks better german than i do but most germans speak english..In Munich i loved Augustiner beer and u have to ha ve a weiss wurst in the court from the hacker pschoor place near the rathaus in marien Platz and bring home plenty of Steinns(krug) and In Colonge i loved the Fruh koelsh and go to the Fruh hotel neat the koelner dom were the waiter tallies up your beer on the coaster

Latest posts

Back