Multi Burner Setup

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoozer

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm close to finishing my single tier 3V brewery. I have an 18 gallon kettle and two 50L "CUB type" kegs for the MLT and HLT. I've decided to go all gas and I already have an italian spiral from BB with an adjustable med pressure reg (0-35 psi). I plan on getting two more "Chinese Italian" spiral burners (soo cheap!). The MLT will be direct-fired and recirculating.
Will I be able to run the 3 burners at once from the same reg, and from the one bottle (maybe if the reg is at max pressure?) I'm hoping there are manifolds or "3-way splitters" available similar to CO2 kegging setups?
Is this the best way to go, or are there better ideas? any recommendations on where the best place to get the parts from in Brisbane would be appreciated.
cheers

snoozer

im not an expert on the subject of lpg but i would think it have alot to do with how many kg/h the regulator can supply. A quick google says that lpg has an energy of 46.1 MJ/kg so say you have 3 40MJ burners you would need a 3kg/h regulator.

this is just a guess so hopefully someone with more knowledge on the subject could post

chher matho

If your medium pressure adjustable reg is the red one from BB then you should be fine. I have the same reg and run two 20 burner mongolians on full and its fine.

In practical terms you will only have 2 burners running at full tilt at any one time. Once you have grain in your MLT - you'll only ever have it on low heat (or you'll run into problems) And the only time you might have 2 on full is when you have started the sparge - kettle is on full and the HLT might also be on full getting the water to strike temp.

Unrealeous, I realize I'm prolly gonna only have 2 burners on full at any one time, the MLT burner will only be on very low just to maintain temps while recirculating. If u can run 2x20 jet mongolians with no probs with your med adjustable reg than I reckon I'll be fine.
My reg is made by Fisher Controls of Texas and I got it from my local plumbing supply store. On closer inspection it says 3-35 PSI (but nothing about medium or high pressure) and I don't know what that equates to in kg/hr , it only has the pressure rating and a handwheel. So I don't know how similar it is to BB's but prolly very similar?
So I guess what I'm looking for now is the fitting with a male to screw into the regulator and 3 males for the gas hoses to screw onto.
I'm sure others are running several burners from one reg and bottle, how are youse doing it? where didjez get this "manifold" thingy from?
thanks again

Back