Mudgee Spring Ale Hops?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brend0

Reaction score
I tried the Mudgee Spring Ale last night and I am trying to figure out what hops they use to get such a fruity citrus flavor?

I had a bit of a loook on the net and found somewhere that says they use a late addition of Saaz hops but I have a feeling it is something else?

anyone have any idea?

Cheers in advance.

Haven't tried it, but it's billed as an American pale ale, so you'd probably be looking at American-style hops: Cascade, Centennial, Amarillo etc.

Apparently they use Saaz late. Never had the beer myself so....

I'd ring 'em 02 6372 6726

If they give you anything let us know

I was there a little while ago and talked to the owner about the beers, if i can remember correctly... I think that one might have been Pride of Ringwood for bittering, then cascade and hallertauer, thought it was bit of a odd mix for a American styled pale.

I believe their Pale might have been the beer with the Saaz, as it came across more like a pilsner then pale, all in all pretty good beers and cool place to stop in, i do every time im going through those parts.

I was only there on the weekend. Would've loved to try a few tasters but my 22 month old son decided it was the right place for the "terrible twos" to kick in.
Very Nice place there, but concrete floors & high ceilings provided the perfect acoustics for a screaming toddler. <_<
Grabbed a mix sixpack and we got the f#k out. Looking forward to trying them all.

Latest posts

Back