Moving to Kegs - Advice required

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

King Panda

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm looking to move to kegs and am after system recommendations? I'm after a complete setup.

Cheers

Easy option? King King kegerator. Fits 3(?) kegs + 2.6kg CO2 bottle inside. Not that cheap, but not insanely expensive... maybe around $1000 all said and done.

Or you can go for a second hand fridge or freezer. Cheapest way to go is to use a pluto (beer) gun, or you can bling it out and put some taps on that bad boy. For an upright unit, you can put the taps through the door, for a chest freezer you could put a font on top, or build a wooden collar to the taps through.

I went for the chest freezer + collar option.

Plenty of build threads, or you can look up the "Kegging Setups" thread pinned in this same forum (Gear and Equipment). Have a look through, see what you like and post back :)

Edit: Here is mine - http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/235-kegging-setups/?p=1347504

Do you mean you want to buy a complete setup ready to go?
or build yourself a setup?
What kinda budget you got?
new / Secondhand any issues?
How many kegs do you want? both to start and how many you will end up with? (and dont lie to yourself and say only one :p)
is it to be built into a bar / Freestanding?

I have just gone the Keg King way.
Bought the 3 SS tap and SS font kegerator online from them.
Picked it up from Toll depot to save hassle and speed it up.

Bought new kegs as well plus gas bottle from local shop.

Please be aware that this set up needs assembly and connections (keg connections and check valves are not included) and it will take a few hours to have it done.

Overall I'm very happy with the unit and with the service.
There was a minor problem with the fridge and it was resolved very fast.

I went with 4x keg king premium kegs (rubberised top and bottom) these seem to be just as good as genuine cornys and are brand new. Ss pluto gun as i can keep the whole thing in the fridge at serving temp (no foaming on first pour) and already had a fridge i got for nothing that i fit 2 kegs into. Got a 2.6kg co2 bottle last September and only just filled it about 3 weeks ago. When the fridge dies ill probably go for a keg king kegerator with flow control intertaps

As has been mentioned - In terms of a complete setup you can't really go wrong with the Keg King. I have one and have not had any problems with it for the last 2 years. I will say they are very ambitious if they think they can fit 3 cornie kegs and the C02 bottle in there. Admittedly I have only tried to fit two ball lock and a pin lock in there and the pin lock kegs are wider, but I think I'll need to move the regulator and bottle outside if I'm really going to fit three.

For absolute simplicity and relatively competitive pricing, the Keg King website has everything that you will need to start a keg system.

Latest posts

Back