Moving To Biab

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tcraig20

Reaction score
Im building up to making the move to BIAB all-grain. My 60L pot arrived today from allquip today - I knew exactly how big the thing was before it got here, but I didnt realise how big it was :huh:

I took the pot for a test run on the stovetop tonight - the pot straddles two burners and I managed to get 30 L of cold tap water to a rolling boil with the lid on in about an hour, so I recon it should hit strike temps for a full mash without a worry. At the moment, the plan is to split the wort for the boil into two pots (I have a smaller pot here I can use), or do two boils. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Anyway, next step is a grain bag. Im planning to get one from Gryphon - anyone know when they are back from holidays?

Hang an immersion heater over the side. If you can get a 2400 watt model it should handle a 40 L rolling boil.

Hang an immersion heater over the side. If you can get a 2400 watt model it should handle a 40 L rolling boil.

Yeah, that's the ultimate plan - trying to get out of it without another $120 worth of kit initially though ;)

Back