Mount Tamborine Breweries

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ditto all above last week - first visit for a good while.

Won't rush back, hope things get sorted as the beers were great a couple of years back.

Kev

So is there any breweries worth visiting here? There were two a few years back I believe.
We're heading up for a couple of nights in a few weeks.

batz

Going by my last 2 visits,

take some XXXX, it will be the best beer you can get up there :eek:

To be fair, it has been a while since I've been up there so hopefully things may have changed.

The other brewery that was up there has shut shop.

Word is Beard & Brau are relocating up to MT in June.

I was up there last November. I have dumped better beer on the lawn than what they were serving.

OK brewery visits are off the list.

batz

Or take some of your brews along and show em what a good beer tastes like. ^_^

Jesus, made the mistake of ordering a Rainforest lager while at Songbirds on Saturday night. One of the sourest, cloudiest beers I've ever had. Left it on the table.

Well I stopped at the brewery Thursday and ordered the tasting tray. The Swartz was OK the rest were terrible, the APA was so loaded with diacetyl it was undrinkable. Very sad as I believe this was once a good brewery.

This is sad... their Mountain Bitter was quite good bach in 2008-9.

Well I stopped at the brewery Thursday and ordered the tasting tray. The Swartz was OK the rest were terrible, the APA was so loaded with diacetyl it was undrinkable. Very sad as I believe this was once a good brewery.

Yep. Thats about how i remember my last visit. 1 quite ok, the others very average.
Certainly not anywhere near as good as the early days of operation.

What would it take to turn it around, I wonder?

An owner that cared perhaps? Wasn't scrimping so much... Well that's what I hear...

An owner that cared perhaps? Wasn't scrimping so much... Well that's what I hear...

Heard the same thing too a while ago........Will Ian ante up with a blow by blow account of how to brew your own Yippee IPA at home now?

With the tasting tray came some little info tags, the APA said strong hop aroma but the only thing I could smell was diacetyl, honestly it was so strong no hop aroma was there at all. There is no way that any home brewer I know would bring any of those beers to a brew night.

what a shame me and my wife went there a couple of years ago it was a great way to spend the afternoon with great beers and some really nice cheese. We were planing on going back soon but im not sure its worth it. that place has some much potential its a shame its going backwards :unsure:

Sounds like it........ I'm thinking of the original IPA they had on tap when Ian Watson was behind the wheel though. Loved that beer.

Back