Motorhead frontman Lemmy dead at 70

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Indeed..

Got the news literally as we were stepping out the door of our B&B in on the way to the Taste of Tasmania.
I was the saddest man at the festival. Briefly.
Then upon finding the beer tents, drank straight through the seven stages of grief, $8 per stage.
He would have been proud you got drunk as a mark of respect :)

I saw 'em live on Overkill, Bomber, and Ace of Spades tours, I was so into them in those days that I got the nick name "Motorhead"......(really....)

Moog said:
I was so into them in those days that I got the nick name "Motorhead"......(really....)
Are you sure it wasn't because of all the goey

Maybe we should have a "continuing thread" labelled

"Latest famous muso dude dies after amazingly making it past 60 despite decades of fornication and self administered chemical abuse and will be missed by heaps of old farts who can't believe he was that old because it only seems ten minutes ago I was buying his latest vinyl. "

edit: 8 track tape

edit: to play in my Chrysler Centura

Ducatiboy stu said:
He would have been proud you got drunk as a mark of respect :)
Yeah. The 'anger' stage was a bit dodgy though when I heard some double bass playing hipster folk ensemble doing a little tribute. I squeezed and pushed my way to the front of the three people watching them, pointed at the guy in the Vector glasses and silk vest then screamed 'they wrote more songs than ace of spades you know!, you FUCKERS..!!'

I think.

Dave70 said:
Yeah. The 'anger' stage was a bit dodgy though when I heard some double bass playing hipster folk ensemble doing a little tribute. I squeezed and pushed my way to the front of the three people watching them, pointed at the guy in the Vector glasses and silk vest then screamed 'they wrote more songs than ace of spades you know!, you FUCKERS..!!'

I think.
At least the folk ensemble recognised the loss of the man & did something in his honour in the moment...

Anger-management & memory-loss notwithstanding..... :chug:
Edit: Here's an alternative: https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwig9bqyvKvKAhVKmJQKHXv2C_4Q3ywIHDAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DsjkzbCkZEuQ&usg=AFQjCNHe1UomFkd3aPS56FET5jJH-rTiyg&sig2=6W7Q06zQsHI5S2IIFrG60Q&bvm=bv.112064104,d.dGo

There was a bar up here doing a live stream of his funeral on Sunday morning. I ended up going out Saturday night, staying out all night into the morning then making up way up to this bar at about 8.30 to watch it on a big screen. Stayed there til mid arvo drinking JD and coke with a few other people who had also turned up (No Sleep at All? :super:). At 10am when they could start serving alcohol, they gave us all a free JD. It was really nice, the service itself was fitting for him I thought, at least from what I can gather about what sort of man he was.

Absolutely worth missing work on Monday and I'd do it all again if I had my time over.

Ducatiboy stu said:
******* hipsters...just cant help themselves
In fairness, Tassie hipsters are some of the most immaculately groomed of the cliche. They really make a effort.
Tightest clipped beards I've ever seen.

MartinOC said:
Actually the band on the main stage, Yesterdays Gentlemen, really did do a little tribute tune. They were a pretty cool little blues / jazz four piece who also cranked out the odd Tom Waits cover. So, righteous.

Back