• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free: Dead Fridge - Adelaide

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drsmurto

Reaction score
I finally upgraded to another working fridge for fermenting.

So its time to pass on my trusty dead fermenting fridge to another brewer. I've been using it for 2 years now simply rotating 2L frozen bottles of water as required. Was working when i bought it but just stopped. Not being mechanically minded i havent bothered to find out why. I switch it on every 6 months just to confirm its still not working.....

Its not much to look at according to my partner but i have been known to give it a cuddle when she isn't looking.

Pickup in the Adelaide Hills. I'll even throw in a few beers for your troubles. Just promise me you'll look after her.

Here she is hard at work.

Fermentfridge.jpg

A little rusty

P25-01-10_163401.jpg

I think you'll be making a trip to your local tip

Batz

Generally best way to get rid of dead fridges is scrap metal...look in the local rag...there is normally atleast one person willing to collect scrap metal.

I think you'll be making a trip to your local tip

Batz

Dead fridges are great, as long as you realise (as has been pointed out to me ) that the laws of Thermodynamics dictate that freezing PETs in the freezer of another fridge and putting them into said dead fridge is more expensive than running a live fridge on a tempmate whatever. However over the medium term if you are getting the dead'un for free you are still ahead until the cost catches up with the price of buying a new or second hand working fridge.

I can recommend the dead fridge route - have made great lagers even.

Latest posts

Back