Morgans Extracts

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mezz94

Reaction score
Hey all,

Anyone know where I can buy Morgans Stockmans Draught and Morgans Extra Pale Malt Extract(Liquid) from in Melbourne? I am looking at doing a LCPA receipe and it calls these up.

Is there something else that will do the same job?

Cheers.

I think you could probably substitute a Coopers kit and extract without great variation in flavour.

Oh ok. So do you think if I substituted with a Coopers Light Malt Extract and a Coopers Draught it should do the job?

A draught tin from anyones range would be similar. They would all be malty with some bittereness and next to no hop aroma or flavour.
That's why you'll often see tins like these as a base for hoppy aroma or flavoured beers such as LCPA. Its a good starting point because you don't need to do a 60 minute boil to extract bitterness from your hops, you just need to do late additions for flavour and aroma. The tins also don't have a lot of 'character' so you can turn them into something nice with the right hop additions.
Hopefully that makes sense.

Yeah that makes sense. Thanks. I'll give the Coopers extract and draught a go and see how it turns out.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back