Morgans Chairman's Selection Specs?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aus_Rider_22

Reaction score
Was at the LHBS picking up some more malt extract and decided to grab a Morgans Mulloys Irish Stout can as I wanted to get a quick brew going and I hadn't ordered the darker spec malts needed for the Better Red Than Dead recipe. :p

The kit is the most expensive one I've bought at $19.95. It comes with Brew Cellars "English Ale" yeast which I assume would be S-04 or something like it. My question is, does anyone know the specs or where to find them for this kit? I have searched on AHB and on Morgans site and came back with nothing. There only a couple of threads on here about this tin so it will be interesting to see how it goes.

One line of thought I was thinking was that perhaps its just the same contents as Morgans cheaper "Dockside Stout" but with just a "premium" yeast.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aus Rider did you ever get an answer on this? Im after the same spec's IBU and EBC? :huh:

I put a irish stout down ages ago and from memory the IBU = 43 and SRM = 67. Dont quote me on that though :D

Wow, blast from the past.

I never did find out the specs I don't think.

Onto full mash these days so I haven't used a can since near the end of last year.

Back