More Info About Italian Spiral Burners?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaldo

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I'm trying to find more info about Italian spiral burners. I want to know who makes them and who wholesales them (I assume from Italy).

If anyone has any info written on the box or on the burner of their Italian Spiral burner I would love to know about it. Or any other leads.....

I'm trying to find out if its possible to import them for the QLD brewers as postage is expensive from SA for a big heavy item. :ph34r:

Cheers!

Hi guys!

I'm trying to find more info about Italian spiral burners. I want to know who makes them and who wholesales them (I assume from Italy).

If anyone has any info written on the box or on the burner of their Italian Spiral burner I would love to know about it. Or any other leads.....

I'm trying to find out if its possible to import them for the QLD brewers as postage is expensive from SA for a big heavy item. :ph34r:

Cheers!

try the sponsors at the top, also have heard of people finding them in local reuse/tip shops might be worth a gander.

Aaron

Thanks Aaron but I'm trying to find more info with the idea of importing a few of these burners.

I'm not sure how postage from Italy would be cheaper than postage from SA;)

I got mine from a Cellarplus here in Melbourne - if you've got a Cellarplus store up there you could pop in for a look.

Mine didn't come in a box, and it doesn't say much on its black stand except - 'Made In Italy'.

Cheers

Breezy

Mine is a Chinese Italian. Brought it and the high pressue reg from the LHBS, MHB. Mark may be able to help you out.

A mate has mine so I can't give you the wording, but I tried to research it based on the Italian written on the label and I got a couple of similar (some non-spiral) models in Italy, but ended up thinking the Australian stuff was about the right cost and less drama.

There are some that look like they have welded frames rather than the punched steel frame of mine. I would like that because I feel that the frame of mine will be the first thing in my setup to fail.

Primus make an Italian Spiral Burner, which I have, there's pics of it in action somewhere here on AHB.

They refer to it as Large Single Ring Burner, Part# GB12

IIRC I picked it up for about $30 from a camping store.

Cheers,

GT

Slightly off-topic but if you get one make sure you get a medium or high pressure adjustable reg (like the ones from the guy in SA :D ).

I got mine from Cellarplus (Melb) and was sold what I was told to be a Medium reg (non-adjustable) and the darn thing takes an age to heat up 35-40L of cold 10 degree water to 80 degrees. Hearing from people here with the 'SA' regs they get much better times.

Between 50 mins and 1hr 10mins is what I'm clocking - Right pain in the butt.

Hopper.

Slightly off-topic but if you get one make sure you get a medium or high pressure adjustable reg (like the ones from the guy in SA :D ).

I got mine from Cellarplus (Melb) and was sold what I was told to be a Medium reg (non-adjustable) and the darn thing takes an age to heat up 35-40L of cold 10 degree water to 80 degrees. Hearing from people here with the 'SA' regs they get much better times.

Between 50 mins and 1hr 10mins is what I'm clocking - Right pain in the butt.

Hopper.

Same. Got my burner from Cellarplus and medium pressure regulator and some shiny Stainless Steel toys from that helpful guy in SA:)

Back