Moo Brew Ris At The Wheaty

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great pub, simple as that. Pleas keep your prejudices to yourself.

Wish I could have been there tonight to try it.

:lol: :lol:
I give free grammar and spelling lessons the Jazman way
ahh now i know why you asked me that :lol: yeah i do have a bit of a spelling problem i was not the best student :p

Wish I could have been there tonight to try it.
I had your share sitting in front of the fire this afternoon Kai. It is a good drop. Look forward to it going on the hand pump.

Thanks mate, always good to see you're willing to take one for the team.

Yep, a mighty tasty stout.
Very well concealed alcohol with the smoothest aftertaste.
Who thinks it tastes like 55IBU though?

tdh

Moo Brew Stout. How do you describe it? I tasted coffee chocolate smoke and aniseed in the flavor and it went down so smooth. Every mouth full was a taste sensation trying to pick all the different characters of the beer. Can not wait to try this on the hand pump especialy the way it is treated at the Wheatie. Expecting 12C nice and creamy head with all flavours jumping out. Need a recipe for this if anyone has a copy please tell me.

Also picked up a bottle of limited edition Moo Brew Imperial Stout aged in OAK for 12 months and 8.5% alc. Waiting for a quiet night to crack this one to appreciate all the flavors.

Cheers :beer:
Ian

For those interested the Moo RIS is now on the hand pump. If you liked it off tap make sure you try it off the hand pump.

For those interested the Moo RIS is now on the hand pump. If you liked it off tap make sure you try it off the hand pump.

Has it been cask conditioned, or is it just keg beer through a beer engine?

Had one yesterday afternoon (hand pumped) nice and strong. They will only serve it in a schooner (375ml) or less due to the Alc content.

Has it been cask conditioned, or is it just keg beer through a beer engine?
As far as I am aware, and I could well be wrong, this is a regular keg that has been degassed.

Had one yesterday afternoon (hand pumped) nice and strong. They will only serve it in a schooner (375ml) or less due to the Alc content.

Not a problem. I buy 2 schooners at the same time.

tdh

So why is hand pumped so much more desireable? I thought that this would lead to a frothy beer?

What's the appeal?

Back