Montieths Triple

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazman

Fishweide BrauHaus
Reaction score
While on a tour of the montieths brewery in greymouth i seen on the bottling line a 8% triple limted addition that hasent been relased so keep an eye on it

Ooh, I'll see if Dad can bring me over a 6 pack! :beer:

Must be the secret brew that was conditioning when I was there in March. The tour guide couldn't tell us as only the brewmasters knew what it was.

I forgot all about it with the 10 minute session of free pouring in the bar after the tour. Managed to get about 4 beers into me in that time. :beer:

It is the new seasonal.
Released to the distribtuion channel 01 May 2006.
Availability May/June/July
Comes in a 4 pack(330ml).

I have a mate who works for DB (that owns Monteiths) that is bringing me a few over mid May.

Should be a good drop.
I have piccies of the packaging on my work comptuer too that I can post if anyone is interested.

Beers,
Doc

Is this going to be exported, to Aussie?

Doc said:
It is the new seasonal.
Released to the distribtuion channel 01 May 2006.
Availability May/June/July
Comes in a 4 pack(330ml).

I have a mate who works for DB (that owns Monteiths) that is bringing me a few over mid May.

Should be a good drop.
I have piccies of the packaging on my work comptuer too that I can post if anyone is interested.

Beers,
Doc
[post="123983"][/post]​

Doc;
Yep I'd be interested in having a squizz. If it's like their other beers should be a nice one..

Here are the piccies of the Tripel.
I don't have any info regarding international distribution, but will see what I can find out.

Beers,
Doc

TripelBottle.jpg

Tripel_4_pack.jpg

Tripel_box.jpg

Out of interest, where have you guys seen Monteiths available in Sydney ? I know that Carlingford Cellars did have some at one stage.

Doc

sinkas said:
Is this going to be exported, to Aussie?
[post="124236"][/post]​

It isn't looking good for export. From my source here is the inside word.

It is a VERY LIMITED release (ie, I think we are only producing it this month).

It is apparently also hard to find in NZ at the moment too.

Beers,
Doc

Doc said:
Out of interest, where have you guys seen Monteiths available in Sydney ? I know that Carlingford Cellars did have some at one stage.

Doc
[post="124303"][/post]​

I've bought a few bottles before at Northmead Cellars. It was there a couple of weeks ago when I was in.

Cheers.

Doc said:

Doc
[post="124303"][/post]​

Amatos in Leichardt regualrly have the Montieths Celtic Red
Have also had the Golden from there as well.

Rich

well it was last friday i was there and the were still bottling and packing so i dare say it be selling soon in nz but maybe the internation beer shop in perth may get it but for us it may be hard to get

Doc said:

Doc
[post="124303"][/post]​

Woolworths bottlo at Glenwood Park is the only place I've ever seen it. They had 4 or five varieties, I think.

Snapped up a couple of bottles in Vintage Cellars in Hunters Hill a while back. Haven't been any there recently though.

fwiw
I haven't been able to get my hands on any tripel in NZ yet... just haven't seen it.

barneyhanway said:
fwiw
I haven't been able to get my hands on any tripel in NZ yet... just haven't seen it.
[post="124346"][/post]​

My mate in Wellington has had it.
But then the head brewer from Monteiths sent him a 4-pack, and my mate works for DB :p
I'll be getting some in two weeks when he stops through Sydney.

Doc

A/ drinks at Doc's !!!!

B/ Dan Murphys at Macarthur Square has the full Montieths range including the Radler....

Latest posts

Back